superfrog chiptune medleys

bucky o'hare

I have two up on my myspace-

http://www.myspace.com/parasprinter

I have been tinkering around with modplug and what I did was cover a bunch of superfrog music using samples taken mostly from NES music. While I did mess with some of the tunes to an extent (the second medley does this more), most parts follow the originials pretty closely throughout. Asides from the drums. 8)

It's a shame though, not only are there no superfrog mixes up, but none for any game Allister Brimble composed for. I may try to remix-ize some of these melodies more later on, perhaps.

If not, I should hope that somebody else gets to it!

Oh, cool.

Did he make an nsf of that or did he just sample vrc6 sounds and stick within the more obvious limitations?

I've seen one game with the N106 chip that appeared to have 9-10 channels, although the sound is weird. I don't know what the wav forms are, they look similar to the FDS channel.

Going from the channel options that NotSoFatso has, if you used all the different expansion chips you'd have... 29 channels?

I'd love to hear that, ha ha! Of course you'd have to use MML to do everything all accurate-like. FamiTracker can't do any expansions yet, though I hear he's working on implementing the N106 or something.

I'm not sure how virt got those samples.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd feel more inclined to learn famitracker once it offers some of those expansions. I can only wait and hope... but hey what the hell I'll probably cave in before then. :)

The basic idea behind sequencing in a tracker format I've grown to feel very comfortable with. The difficult part for me in my short amount of messing around was how alien the synthesis and saving/loading instruments" process felt.

I know there are tutorials, but I'd actually rather check out other people's nsfs (er, whatever the project format is for famitracker, actually). I learned how to use modplug by using it to listen to Amiga music, by looking at what did what. If I could do the same in famitracker, that would be ace.