Final Fantasy 8 - Fragment of Memories

Jorito

Finally finished my arrangement of "Fragment of Memories" from FF8. Originally created for the FF8 album project here on OCR, but when that got stalled I decided it was too good not to finish it. It also was a great excuse to collab with JoyDreamer and @Chris ~ Amaterasu again :)

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "Moments". Enjoy!

Hey, I think this sounds pretty good! The accompaniment sounds reasonably polished, and Chris's violin sounds great. 

The first and probably only major crit that comes to mind is the vocal performance. The singer (JoyDreamer?) noticeably takes a breath in the middle of phrases in such a way that it distracts me from the rest of the track (having taken 6+ years of choir, breath control is extremely important). It just sounds like she runs out of breath in the middle of a phrase and then quickly takes in another breath. Those might have been possible to cut out during editing and still result in natural-sounding phrases.

Other than that though, two thumbs up from me.

I kinda liked those breaths in there, gave it a bit more emotion. But you are right, they were pretty pronounced, so I did an update where the breaths are pretty much reduced and hardly noticeable (I wanted to let them a tiny tiny bit in):

http://www.jorito.net/files/fragments/Moments - Jorito feat. JoyDreamer %26 Chris ~ Amaterasu.mp3