"Tricks, Treats and Toons" (Trick-or-Treat Beat!)

tymime

mp3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1bp4pINjINbd1FiaVJtMlNmeVU
flac: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1bp4pINjINbdVFrYXdIWEppWUU

This is a cover of the music from one of my favorite games, Trick-or-Treat Beat, an old Shockwave game on the Cartoon Network website. I tried to recreate the sound pretty closely (since I like it so much), but I extended the arrangement quite a bit.

It also has a quote from its spiritual sequel, Scared Sweet:

I don't know if this could get through the submission queue in time for the 31st, so I might have to put off submitting it until next year maybe? (I will be putting it on my YouTube.) Unless of course somebody says "go ahead"...

• 4 weeks later...

Cool source and style.

The synth bass is pretty loud/bright. It almost behaves like a lead. Be careful with how loud you get frequencies of different instruments get. Mix with levels but also EQ. The beat is muffled and soft. 

I don't know what you're talking about when it comes to getting this through the submission queue in time. In time for what? The queue isn't purged at the end of the year or something. I have a feeling this is too conservative for ocr, but I'd have to go over the source and your remix a few times to be sure. Don't let that stop you from subbing, if that's what you're aiming for. Sub it when you think it's ready.

Ah, of course. Didn't think to check the date posted. But it takes several months to get through the judging and posting process, so if you're aiming for a specific date it's probably best to give ocr 6 months to work. My xmas album remixes, usually submitted in December, tend to get posted during summer. If you really want your mix posed around halloween, you can request that in the submission email. Provided it fits the standards.