Square Enix is hard to get in touch with for stuff like this

GSO

Honestly, you seem to have a great many of grand plans, but none pan out — just my observation. 

Perhaps you should take a moment to consider that the legal hurdles and the costs involved in producing a CD of video game remixes when no one even buys CDs anymore is a lofty goal that should maybe not be pursued further.

I also don't see why one would want to do this when OCR produces FF albums pretty regularly that get tons of promotion, lots of listeners, etc. Why not just get on one of those or try and start up one?

So yes, I think you're going about it the wrong way and dreaming to big compared to what you've proven you can do. Start small.

I have to agree with ACO here; usually big dreams start small and he brings up some other good points. You might want to reconsider your approach here.

Also not sure when/if/how law should be involved here, of course the law firm has their own agenda (and bank account) and personally I would just try to inquire how, for example, OCR or Materia Collective did those albums and maybe release it there in stead of going full Indie on it. Just $0.02.

Not sure how ambitious you are, but there's a nice compulsory license system (see copyright.gov's link here) that can help you out a lot..  The law firm is just charging for their labor.  The actual fees are substantially less.  If you have the time, you could certainly become familiar enough with navigating the system to not need to use a lawyer.

9 hours ago, orlouge82 said:

Not sure how ambitious you are, but there's a nice compulsory license system (see copyright.gov's link here) that can help you out a lot..  The law firm is just charging for their labor.  The actual fees are substantially less.  If you have the time, you could certainly become familiar enough with navigating the system to not need to use a lawyer.

Right, but that's just for licensing the music. The permission to raise funds via Kickstarter is, at least according to some, a separate cost/right entirely, since it's not a fixed price-per-track licensing - backers can (and do) contribute more, for other types of benefits...

@GSO Grand plans usually require enthusiastic participants/collaborators, and you'll get more of those when you have a track record of successful projects, whether free or commercial. So yes, to echo what's been said several times, it feels like you're starting very large, and that your energies would be more productively directed at building up the type of successes that would lead to being able to put something like this together more effectively.