Link to the remix: 

ReMixer name: Deedubs
Email address: 
User ID#: 30792

Game arranged:  The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Arrangement name:  Echoes of Dusk
Songs arranged:  Midna's Theme, Boss Defeated
Sources:

A homesick Midna dreams of home.  Suddenly, she is jolted awake.  It's quiet, her eyes wide open. Slowly, she comes back to reality.  Perhaps her dreams may be the only way she'll ever experience home again.  She becomes sad, unwilling to accept this new reality.  That is until help arrives.  She gains a newfound hope, now more determined than ever to find her way home.  She and her help fight through the toughest of challenges, their perseverance unbreakable.  Suddenly, there it is.  A familiar gateway.  It opens.  She makes her way through.  It's home.  She is finally home.

This is more or less the story that came into my imagination during the production of this remix.  Very similar to the story of Twilight Princess itself, but rather told from the perspective of Midna.  Midna's Theme has a very somber, yet sinister tone, appropriate for the time it is first heard.  My goal was to take that theme (including the english horn sound) and combine it with the more peaceful sounding Boss Defeated track to create something somber, yet hopeful.

This is one of the more complex tracks I've done, if only for how many different elements from different genres I threw together.  As such, this was a huge challenge to mix.  A big thank you to the kind folks in the WIP forum who provided feedback in that regard.

• 1 month later...

Wow what a mix of moods and genres.  It's a very unusual mix, but it works well to tell a story, something I appreciate.  The transitions are a bit awkward, but well enough executed considering the huge variation in soundscapes stitched together.  The organic instruments are sequenced well, and the synths are well blended in.  Creativity wins the day here, and the varied harmonic soundscapes and chord structures are wonderfully emotional.  I feel like I just watched a movie about Midna's life!  Source is woven all through the track.  Well done.  (I love that Boss Defeated theme, I have remixed it myself)

YES

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2017/09/10 - (1Y) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "Echoes of Dusk"
  • 1 month later...

There's really not much I can add here to what Kris has already mentioned. Really enjoying the story laid out here, and the unique sound scape really add some awesome touches. My one critique world be around the 2:35 section where the English horn feels like it's noodling a bit out of time. It's short but noticeable. I will also agree that the transitions are nothing amazing but I didn't think any were in need of fixing. 

Really creative and emotive!

YES

• 4 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to 2017/09/10 - (3Y) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "Echoes of Dusk"
  • 4 weeks later...

Super nice.  I can always appreciate a song built up from a story idea, I've done that before and it changes the creative process but oftentimes for the best.  The use of organic and synthezised elements mesh very well here, the ambiance is very immersive and the arrangement flows very well.  The timing when it reached the solo climax was perfect, as well as the resolution of the ending.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03745 - *YES* Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "Echoes of Dusk"
  • Liontamer locked this topic
  • Liontamer pinned this topic
  • Liontamer unpinned this topic