OCR01529 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Hyrule Party Mix"

djpretzel

I'm a HUGE fan of this remix. It's a fun, care-free song to listen to and it really has a catchy beat. I might just be a weirdo but I really liked the simple guitar chord that repeated through most of the song. I also liked in the middle when it slows down for just the piano and then all the other elements add back in. Loved it loved. Good remix NoppZ!

At first, I thought that this song could use more variation. But now, I think it's just perfect. The repetition of the guitar chord makes the song very catchy; it's stays in my head the whole day.

The piano part is wonderful, too. Makes me want to chill to Ridge Racer Type 4 again. Digging the drums from 2:38 on, too.

After Knuckleduster, this is the second incredibly catchy tune to come to OCR in a short time. Wonderful song.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I think the reason i like this mix so much is that on two different levels it delivers. For one, its a straight up good song, and even without the references to zelda it makes for a great tune. Then, with the zelda riffs, it gets even better because you're enjoying how awesome of a OCmix this is. Its the kind of song you could play to a non gaming friend and they'd like it anyways, unlike some of the stuff here which is more gamers-only. Great stuff!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a style I wouldn't have expected to like, but you pulled me right in. I love how you played with the various rhythms but kept it smooth the whole time. And I have to mention the key change at the end. So often key changes feel forced, but this fit perfectly into the piece as a whole. I could listen to this on repeat for a long time.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Ah. I had to listen to it a second time to hear it properly. The sounds may take a bit for the ear to get used to, so if you hated it at first like I did...well you know.

Anyway, it's a nice contemporary piece. I respect that it doesn't have to rely on anything unfamiliar to be unpredictable, yet it's still catchy and even in mood.

• 4 months later...

So I played the preview of this one to refresh my memory for this post, and couldn't bring my self to cut the song short. I just sat here and listened to it. :)

Really well done. My room feels way more open and full of wind when this song plays. The Derrit was totally accurate in saying that a non gaming person who had never heard the source, would really enjoy this piece.

Wonderful work. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

That heavy beat that drives most of the ReMix has a smooth yet energetic vibe to it and I how you were able to arrange the Lost Woods and Windmill hut in the way you did, where it sounded speed up, but still had the melody intact and matched the pace of the rest of the ReMix. Took me a second to catch it, but after that brief second, I got it and dug it.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This takes me back. To where or when, I don't know. But it's all good - so chipper and nostalgic. Pretty much every tactic put into arranging this makes me smile. As others have noted: three ocarina songs sharing one tempo + notes spaced more judiciously to help carry along the bouncy vibe without skipping a beat = pure genius. There's so much "shimmering" going on (hi-hats, cymbals, bells, whatever) that I can't help but wonder if a little Navi dust was also used to make this. :P

• 2 years later...

This is quite nice. It isn't really too fancy or anything, but definitely worth the download :) Its simple and light nature is what makes it so enjoyable for me. The piano break is like a breath of fresh air here - neat touch. The blend of sources is slightly straightforward yet well-done. My only minor complaint here is a key change at 4:23 - it sounds pretty out of place, but luckily this is the final potion of the track and it is relativly small, so it's ok overall. Great job!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01529 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Hyrule Party Mix"