OCR00295 - Mega Man 3 "Needles"

m68030

Nothing more can be said about this mix besides "brilliant".

Spanish:

"Okay, it's MMXX Latino Radio, and here we are once again with Mustin's 'Proto Man Blues'. And just because I like it so much, let's hear another cut, a collaboration! The ears of nyKad, Dale North, Nate Cloud and Mustin speak--Needles!"

I really don't get the last part, with "hablan las orejas". Is it a colloquialism? Not even my HS spanish teacher know what it meant, oither than "the ears of (person) speak."

• 1 month later...

I'll probably never post again, but, since I'm bilingual, I'd like to translate what is said at the beginning of the track:

"Okay! MMXX Latin Radio, and that was 'Proto Man Blues'. And now, just because I like it so much, let's hear another cut; a collaboration! Open your ears for nyKad, Dale North, Nate Cloud, and Mustin! Needles!"

Just wanted to clear that up... :o

P.S.- It says "abran las orejas."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha, that intro is great, funny stuff and more good old MM3 samples. Nice original take on the Needleman theme, very imaginative. It completely stays with the Spanish theme the whole way through, nice array of instruments included too, great work!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Perfectly done Latin feel, /beautiful/ solos, very amusing Music of My Groin reference. Live music is my favorite stuff on the site and you won me over with this one, gentlemen. Although no one could reasonably fault the playing or writing, I would have like to hear a little more robust sound on the secondary instruments, to match the vibrancy of the saxes. Other than that, fabulous work!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Not too bad! It has a nice vibe to it, and a cool swing. It makes me feel like drinking tequila...

I think the intro is cool the first couple of times. Afterwards, it gets a little annoying, and I found myself thinking "Enough with the appetizers, let's get to the meat!" Still, a good mix, and definately worth my time to listen to.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, man. This is awesome. The latin feel was well composed and well maintained. The 'music of my groin' reference is classic. And I dig the intro. It think remixes needn't be confined to just music, but also to place-setting. I'm very impressed by this piece. I would have added more crowd/partying noises throughout. That's about it.

Why does MegaMan go so well with latin music?

• 2 months later...

Listen to the Spanish station? That is so lame.

...until I heard this. As for many, I´m more of a music person so the conversation in the beginning is in my opinion kind of unnecessary. But it´s a little funny, specially the thing i quoted. And for the others, the remix starts for real ar 1:06, just so you know.

I thought it was excellent. When all the voices has disappeared, all is left but a great saxophone with a full mexican band. Very nice indeed. I don´t know if they´re samples or if you guys played them yourself, but they sound so real! It has to be for real, or else give me the name of your samples. Except for the sax, there was an excellent piano that made its quick and passionate keyplay in the back. If this aint salsa, then nothing is.

Maybe i should tune in Spanish radio more often. Gracias dudes!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The opening entertains me every time. And the OC references they make are very well done. I also like the pidgeon spanish, or at least that's what it sounds like. And then we hit the mix and I just can't stand it...

... naw, just kidding. The mix is great, with great flow, powerful sax, and good feel. An excellent mix, one of the OC classics.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

It was seriously an OK track. I thought the intro with the guys searching for a radio station was actually quite ANNOYING. It takes away from the piece. I thought it was actually quite innovative to use a different beat and give the melody to a sax.

One thing I found kinda tacky was the stopping of the instruments during that middle bridge part. Like "who-ee! this is a wannabe latin track! ole!" Seriously kinda hammy.

An alright track but honestly left much to be desired.

• 2 years later...

the opening really reminds me of Queens of the Stone Age's album "Songs for the Deaf" especially how it switches to a Spanish station. This mix itself is pretty energetic and catchy but it's really the "Music of My Groin" reference that sold me. I burst at the seams with laughter from that unexpected reference.

Well here's a classic I forgot to comment on. The intro is a really nice touch, and the continued latin theme throughout is just as good. I think the horns carry it well, with the piano making up the memorable background.

Definitely one of my favorite Mega Man mixes, and there are a lot of those!

• 4 weeks later...

BAHAHA, oh wow. The intro is like a giant inside joke and is an inspiration of pure genius. It really situates this mix in an amazing context. I also like how the Latin flair is extended into the actual arrangement part too. Also the sax work here is amazing. This is so worth everyone's time and effort to download and listen to.

• 4 months later...

Awesome intro - this is exceptionally classy. XD

1:49 is incredible, and easily the best hook of an already solid song. This whole track sounds like it was incredibly fun to make, and the enthusiasm is infectious. The sax solo afterwards was excellent, and really, high quality tracks with a lot of personality like this one is the kind of thing that made me think that it'd be fun to remix myself.

Total classic. <3

• 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00295 - Mega Man 3 "Needles"
  • 2 years later...