My first actually decent piece of music.

Cub

Hello. I have been creating music for some time, but to be honest I'm still a newbie. Anyway, this is my first piece of music that sounds actually decent, so I would be glad if you listened to it, and told me what you think about it : ).

6 hours ago, Chadlee said:

I listened. It really does sound like a cut scene from something. Almost like a pensive transition. 

One thing I could suggest is to make it feel less programmed and more human made if that makes sense. I think it could give it some more feeling.

I understand what you mean by "more human". This is the problem with music made on pc. It lacks that feeling, but I guess it is possible to make it more human, I'm just not exactly there yet.

If you have a keyboard that you can connect to your PC, then you can get some humanization, despite it being created on your computer. Even then, you can manually create the notes to come just a hairline before or after each notes. The main thing I'd work on is creating something with less repetition. This sounds like it could be good for a NES game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/11/2017 at 2:00 AM, Cub said:

I understand what you mean by "more human". This is the problem with music made on pc. It lacks that feeling, but I guess it is possible to make it more human, I'm just not exactly there yet

I think making music on a computer is not a problem or a negative thing at all to bring something to the listener,of course it's different to play a real instrument on live because the feeling isn't the same,but i disagree with people who claim that a music made on a computer isn't a "real one",especially nowdays with amazing and large VST that are available who offers breathtaking quality and a professional audio,i know that's not the point but I wanted to say it anyway,i'm not a musician,but i think that a good music can be made with everything as soon as we can master the material we're working on.

To return to your music,it feels "programmed" because of the generic guitars chords and the basic structure in general,i liked the pan flute and percussions at the beginning,the ambience after is good but needed more ideas(more instruments at low sound like you did).