OCR03645 - Castlevania: Symphony of the Night & Castlevania "Legacy of Darkness"

Liontamer

This is a blast - straight, unapologetic fun. If you have even an inkling of Castlevania, give this thing a listen - this remix is a pedal-to-the-floor, window-open-and-laughing straight shot drag race into the heart of Castlevania and right through to the finish. The remixer nailed it!

One second, let me catch my breath……… Okay… There we go.

I totally have to agree with the relentless assessment, because this track very literally has no breathing room, but woke me up better than coffee. This absolutely rocks!

I almost appreciate the lack of downtime in a strange way, just for variety sake. I absolutely love ridiculous guitar wankery, but not every track NEEDS to have it. But evaluating this on its own merits standing by itself? I think some space would end up being appreciated; definitely enough solid meet here to make a longer track that still manages to maintain that energy. I also think the ending could use another pass; it's not the most abrupt thing I've ever heard on the website, but for me it came up super fast – but maybe I was just riding the lightning.

I feel like I'm being nitpicky with this remix, but it's really worth your time if you love 1) heavy metal 2) synths and 3) tearing up the steps of Dracula's castle in a carriage, while on fire, while slamming a Red Bull. The Red Bull is also on fire.:evil:

Edited by nyKad
Text became emoticons! Bad emoticons! Bad!

• 1 month later...