OC ReMix presents Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land!

Liontamer

Cover

OC ReMix presents Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land!

December 4, 2017

FAIRFAX, VA... December is Mana month as OverClocked ReMix closes out 2017! OverClocked ReMix today released its 65th free community arrangement album, Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land. Featuring 31 tracks from 39 artists, Resonance of the Pure Land pays tribute to the classic 16-bit Square RPG Secret of Mana, and is co-directed by Dutch musician Jorrith "Jorito" Schaap & Canadian community member Mike "The Nikanoru" Postans. The album is available for free download at http://mana.ocremix.org.

Resonance of the Pure Land assembles a global lineup of musicians all honoring Hiroki Kikuta's transporting SNES music in a variety of styles, including jazz, ambient, chiptune, rap, funk, metal, and more. Resonance of the Pure Land was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Square Enix; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

"I did play and beat Secret of Mana, and I still have 'Fond Memories' of the game and its music. Especially the calm, sad songs and the whale sounds are still imprinted in my mind, and instantly bring back memories of good times and bouts of nostalgia," recalled album director Jorrith Schaap. "Big kudos to the artists who really stepped up their game and created these very diverse and creative but still very recognizable interpretations of the world and sounds of the Secret of Mana, and also to Tabby, who really caught the essence of Mana in her beautiful artwork. I'm sure you'll enjoy listening to it just as much as we enjoyed creating it!"

The album's artwork was designed by American artist Tabitha "Tabby" Ramsey, who channeled the late Hirō Isono's serene "emerald forest" illustrations into her own take on the world of Secret of Mana.

"All the remixers have brought their own resonance to this project, often taking their remixes in completely different directions than I expected -- I think this gives the album a distinctly unique flavor that still reflects the themes and values in the game itself" remarked album co-director Mike Postans. "I hope you will enjoy this album and hope it becomes as much as classic for you, the listener, as the Secret of Mana itself."

Resonance of the Pure Land also sets the stage for the impending release of OC ReMix's 66th community album, this time honoring Secret of Mana's 1995 sequel Seiken Densetsu 3. The three-disc Seiken Densetsu 3: Songs of Light and Darkness will conclude the website's celebratory Mana month, in anticipation of Secret of Mana's 3D remake scheduled for February 2018.

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is a project of Game Music Initiative, a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization, and is dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###