Mega Man 3 - Immortal (Completed)

Eldritch

I thought I'd post this here before submitting, to get some feedback.

This is my favorite song from Mega Man 3. I love the melody in it.

Oh, yeah, the genre of the mix is melodic trance.

Propellerheads Reason 3 is my studio, I use it solely for my productions. I want to use Cubase or maybe Logic in the future but Reason works for now.

I've produced for about a year so far, although I've dabbled alot with music in the past. I mostly make my own music but sometimes remixes too.

http://media.putfile.com/Mega-Man-3---Immortal

I hope you enjoy it.

good stuff dude. def some good production in areas.

This song really reminds of Ghosts of Shadow Moses by Siamey. Which got rejected. The song is over at remic tha sauce.

Despite this being a good trance song I don't think it will get accepted at OCR.

1. Cut out or slim down the first 3 mins. It just feels like one big intro, and not until the 3 min mark do we start to hear some really interesting stuff. The intro as is, there some little sounds coming in and out that are pretty hard to hear.

2. Ur production is pretty darn good, but you need to take your production values to the next level. More specifically during each verse having little things come in and out that really keep the listener engaged.

3. This is more so just my personal style, but maybe have a section where the melody is played by a synth with a highpass filter that is not gated, delayed, or arpegged. It will give the tune a section with a very melodic feel. I just that would be a really nice addition to this piece.

If you decide to submit as is good luck, from 3 mins and on it has some really good stuff. If you are a huge fan of mega man, the mega man4 remix project is doin that whole soundtrack as dance and trance style songs. You might wanna check them out.

I've always loved this piece of music, too, and although I'm not an expert on ReMixing (I've never submitted one of my own before, although I've always wanted to, I can't afford the equipment), I can certainly give you an opinion. I absolutely love MMIII and its music, so I hope that might be of some use to you.

I'll be honest, the first time I listened, I felt that the beginning was a bit drawn out. As the instruments were first layered on, I tried to hear a melody, and sat there thinking to myself that either

a)I was an embarrassment to Mega Man fans everywhere for not recognizing the theme,

or

b)It was so heavily modified that the theme was not discernible.

Finally, after about a minute and a half of listening, the theme came in, but I felt that the layered instruments blocked it out a bit too much. However, when the noise of all the instruments died out (I loved how you faded to nothingness), and the theme itself kicked in on its own, a bit more calmly on the stringed instruments (with some nice harmony built upon them immediately after), I truly began to appreciate the contrast you had put in place. The huge, layered crescendo running through the first couple of minutes of the ReMix made a lot of sense at that point, and I commend you for pulling it all off so well. There are many more nice things running throughout the piece, and I particularly like the great number of slightly different incarnations of the main theme, throughout, with the differences in speed and dynamics making each one unique in its own way. The beat is strong throughout, and the dynamic contrast is something that, although I didn't fully appreciate it at first, serves as a huge highlight in this nice piece you've created.

The next time I listened, I actually liked the extensive nature of the introductory sequence, now that I knew that the theme actually did come in, and was completely recognizable. It made more sense going with the dynamic contrast I discovered later in the first listening, and I would not suggest really changing anything at all. I didn't like it so much at first, but your creation quickly grew on me, and I feel it has a good chance of getting through the judging panel if you submit it.

Anyway, I hope this helps, and good luck on getting your ReMix accepted ;)

I thought I'd post this here before submitting, to get some feedback.

This is my favorite song from Mega Man 3. I love the melody in it.

Oh, yeah, the genre of the mix is melodic trance.

Propellerheads Reason 3 is my studio, I use it solely for my productions. I want to use Cubase or maybe Logic in the future but Reason works for now.

I've produced for about a year so far, although I've dabbled alot with music in the past. I mostly make my own music but sometimes remixes too.

http://media.putfile.com/Mega-Man-3---Immortal

I hope you enjoy it.

I know you from the Tranceaddict Community VGM Project. Great stuff and welcome.

And of course the download link appeared on page 10.

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the intro and the length of the mix. This IS a trance track, so it's going to have an extended intro and be quite long. I actually had to edit the mix down to 6 minutes (To adhere file size limitation). It was about 7:30 minutes originally.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

It's not bad.

I don't mind listening to it but...

There just does not seem to be enough mega man in there.

It's a little repetitive (trance, I know) and the intro goes on too long.

It's seems a little slow to me and there is a definite lack of BOOM TISS.

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of meh-ish, to me (could be that I'm just not fond of trance music :P). The instruments sound kind of bland IMO. The whole thing as a whole is excellent, I must say, though. Yeah, why not? Try your luck with the judges. I mean, if nothing, you'll get tips to improve your song. Good luck if you do submit.

|GX