PRC364 - The 14th Anniversary (Free Round)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 364
PRCv14-26

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Time to conclude the season, the last round of this year.

Source: Free Round

All sources are allowed. It is also allowed to use non VG sources, or sources which has been used in the past PRC's, or sources which have OC Remixes already. Everything is fine in this anniversary round, the only restriction is that you must have worked on the song recently (during this round), it is not allowed to post a song you did years ago.

MIDI rips are allowed, but probably you won't win with a MIDI rip.

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page you can use the ThaSauce page. If you use this, an account is required. If you don't want to use ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. I will keep using ThaSauce as the place where all songs are located.

If you want to use ThaSauce, the following steps should be done.

• Click the ThaSauce Link.
  • Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  • Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  • Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  • Continue the process by filling in your information.
  • You will get a question to confirm that you're not a robot. Here are some possible answers:
  1. Name a compo: PRC
  2. Who organizes One Hour Compo: Starla
  3. Name a ThaSauce subdomain: compo.thasauce.net
  4. Who created Mega Mans: Capcom

A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.

Once registered, login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

After uploading your song, please check if your song plays and can be downloaded and played without problems. Only upload MP3 files.

PRC instructions

• The deadline is Wednesday January 3rd 2018 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread. This is longer as usual so there's a lot of time.
  • You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.
  • Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  • Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.
  • The winner of this round may select the source for PRC366, the second round in the next season.
  • Nobody has a vote that counts twice, everyone can participate. 
  • You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

1 hour ago, Gario said:

Hmm...

I do want to participate in one of these. It's been... shit, forever since I've done one (EDIT: looked it up - PRC199 is the last time shit that's too long!). It'd be healthy if I get my arranging chops moving again, so let's see if I can get y'all something done in a week. Let's do this thing.

:)

Hopefully you get a song in, looking forward to it. It's been a while...:nicework:

Submitted one song by myself as I probably won't have time to work further on it the upcoming week. Don't let me win by default

4 hours ago, Gario said:

Well, I submit something. Not something that I'd say was finished, but what I had was pretty cool so I submit it anyway.

Nice to hear Jorito sub something too, though.

Yeah, 't was a good excuse to finish this track I started 3 years ago. Glad I did, and I think I'll add some polishing to it later. Too bad you didn't finish it, I liked what I heard. Hope you get around to finish it it; I'll collab ya if that's what's needed to make it happen :)

Welcome to the voting stage 

The mixing stage is over. This round has 6 songs. The following people compete against each other

Bundeslang

Jorito

Gario

PlanarianHugger

Starphoenix

Silverpool

(if you want a different color, let me know by replying or sending me a PM).

To vote, do the following:

·       Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.

·       Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

·       Fill in the entries from first to third in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 3.

·       State a reasoning for it.

·       Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, they get a free first place if they vote, so it might help. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments. 

·       Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially since some people might vote by sending me a PM.

You have until THIS Wednesday, January 10th 2018 8:59 AM ThaSauce time (17:00 UTC, 18:00 GMT) to vote. Two days longer as usual.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 (or top 2 for participants) is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

Bundeslang (if you follow the link you won’t have to add my name).

(Subject)

PRC ### Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

I will post the feedback given in the PM’s and the votes in this thread. The winner may choose the source tune for PRC354.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote or click here to send a PM.