Super MAGFest 2018

RealFolkBlues

Just chiming in with a quick edit for OCR events! - djp

OVERCOME CREATIVE DIFFICULTIES (THURSDAY, 8PM) - BACK-TO-BACK #1, SAME ROOM!
Real Talk: The Creative Experience with MAGFriends

AWFUL FIGHTING GAMES (THURSDAY, 9:30PM) - BACK-TO-BACK #2, SAME ROOM!
Awesome(ly terrible) Fighting Game SHOWDOWN (presented by OC ReMix)

MAKE-A-MIX/WORKSHOP PANEL (FRIDAY, 2:30PM)
How to Make VGM ReMixes: OC ReMix Workshop

OC REMIX JAMSPACE PERFORMANCES (FRIDAY, 6PM)
The Artists of OverClocked ReMix

MAIN PANEL (SATURDAY, 10PM)
OC ReMix: Honoring game music since 1999

......fin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More panels involving OC ReMixers!

THURSDAY, 1/4, 12:30-1:30PM
The Ocarina Panel w/David Erick Ramos
Panels 4 – Annapolis 1-4

THURSDAY, 1/4, 2-3:30PM
Open Mic Kickoff Concert with Danimal Cannon!
Chipspace – Potomac Hallway

THURSDAY, 1/4, 3-4PM
Video Game Music: How I Do It
Panels 1 – Cherry Blossom Ballroom

THURSDAY, 1/4, 5-5:45PM
brentalfloss
Lobby Bar Sessions

THURSDAY, 1/4, 8-10PM
MAGFest: Spotlight (DJ Showcase)
POSE Nightclub (21+)

THURSDAY, 1/4, 10PM-2AM
Party With Your Friends: MAGFest (DJ Showcase)
POSE Nightclub (21+)

FRIDAY, 1/5, 2-5AM
Dwelling of Duels Listening Party
MAGES 1 – Chesapeake G,H,I

FRIDAY, 1/5, 1-2PM
Brentalfloss presents the "Use Your Words" game show panel!
Panels 1 – Cherry Blossom Ballroom

FRIDAY, 1/5, 1:30-2:40PM
Crazy Composer Collective feat. Videri String Quartet
Concerts – Potomac Ballrooms

FRIDAY, 1/5, 2:30-3:30PM
Brentalfloss Signing Session
Autographs Red – Expo Hall E

FRIDAY, 1/5, 9-10:10PM
LONELYROLLINGSTARS feat Vince DiCola

SATURDAY, 1/6, 11:30AM-1PM
Game Music Guest Composers Q&A

SATURDAY, 1/6, 1:30-2:30PM
Brentalfloss FAQ Live!
Panels 4 – Annapolis 1-4

Composers Signing Session
Autographs Red – Expo Hall E

Super Guitar Bros.

SATURDAY, 1/6, 5-5:40PM
Marshall Art

SATURDAY, 1/6, 5-10PM
GameChops Rave Night!
Mega Man-athon 6 – Maryland Hallway

SATURDAY, 1/6, 7-7:40PM
Viking Guitar Live

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soooo, uhhhh, MAGFest? It's happening January 4th through the 7th at the Gaylord Convention Center in National Harbor, Maryland.  I'm not planning on coordinating a meet-up (sorry guys, too busy), but y'all should come. :)

Info is here

Definitely going:

Abigail Endsley
Alexander Brandon
A_Rival
brentalfloss
Bryan Kelly
Cyril the Wolf
Danimal Cannon
DarkeSword
Detective Tuesday
DiscoCactus
Diodes
Dj CUTMAN
djpretzel - thanks for the ninja edit to flesh this out :):nicework::pretzel:
Docjazz4
DragonAvenger
DrumUltimA
FenixDown
FistoftheMFK
Flexstyle
Flik
FoxxDragon
Geoffrey Taucer +1
Jared Hudson
Jenner
Jillian Aversa
jmr
Joe Cam
JohnStacy
Jon St.John
J Psycle
Kizyr
Kristin Naigus
Lauren the Flute
Lazerwolph
Level 99
Liontamer
LONELYROLLINGSTARS (Ailsean, Cubosh, finbeard, MegaBeardo, norg)
Nabeel Ansari
nokbient
OceansAndrew
Muuurgh
Pipez
Prince uf Darkness
PROTO·DOME
RealFolkBlues
Rexy
RoboRob
Sindra
Stemage
Stephen Kelly
streifig
Viking Guitar
William Reyes
WillRock
Yusef Kellibrew
zircon

• Liontamer changed the title to Super MAGFest 2018

Was really hoping to go this year but due to the therapy company i've been working for getting bought out recently myself and the rest of the remaining staff all lost our vacation/sick time.  

Which sucks because I really would have loved having a chance to chat with Gareth Coker and see Jun Senoue play.  

Hope you all have fun!

Here's to hoping I've played enough Gundam Versus on PS4 to win a few matches this year......

Do you all ever get something happening together in the jam space? Considering bringing my horn again this year, but when I had in years past I found myself doing other things rather than just showing up at random.

3 hours ago, Muuurgh said:

Here's to hoping I've played enough Gundam Versus on PS4 to win a few matches this year......

Do you all ever get something happening together in the jam space? Considering bringing my horn again this year, but when I had in years past I found myself doing other things rather than just showing up at random.

Good luck with Gundam.  Back when I used to actually play competitive games I would come to MAG partially to restore my humility.  I'm pretty decent at Soul Calibur, for instance, and last year I did like a 20 win streak at the arcade on Soul Cal 2 before I got DEMOLISHED by the best Kilik player I have ever seen.  Dude utterly destroyed me.  It was beautiful.

As to jamming, I'd love to do this, but I feel like there's always something going on in the jam space (and clinic space) except for maybe the wee hours of the morning. 

I'm going!

Marshall Art is performing on the main stage this year - we're doing an all-VGM set with a load of new material and some refreshed versions of our older covers (including two posted here on OCR ;)). We've also got a guest drummer, keyboardist, and second guitarist for this show. It's gonna be a fun set! We're up on Saturday at 5pm.

On 12/21/2017 at 1:41 AM, RealFolkBlues said:

Good luck with Gundam.  Back when I used to actually play competitive games I would come to MAG partially to restore my humility.  I'm pretty decent at Soul Calibur, for instance, and last year I did like a 20 win streak at the arcade on Soul Cal 2 before I got DEMOLISHED by the best Kilik player I have ever seen.  Dude utterly destroyed me.  It was beautiful.

As to jamming, I'd love to do this, but I feel like there's always something going on in the jam space (and clinic space) except for maybe the wee hours of the morning. 

Haha that's awesome. The challenges (*RIP*) used to give me my yearly dose of humbling. At the end of every year I thought that surely I'd come back stronger and crush some of the new ones faster than I would have before... never happened XD

19 hours ago, Muuurgh said:

Haha that's awesome. The challenges (*RIP*) used to give me my yearly dose of humbling. At the end of every year I thought that surely I'd come back stronger and crush some of the new ones faster than I would have before... never happened XD

Oh man I remember the first year they introduced the challenges (M5? M6?)  I walked up like yeah, surely I can win at least one of these.  Lulz.  There is no hard like old school hard.

@jmr, that sounds lit! I'm doing Concert Security again this year, so hopefully I'll be there to help the show go well. :)

On 1/2/2018 at 1:31 PM, jmr said:

@Liontamer & @Rexy:-D:-D:-D! Glad you're both coming this year!

...aaaaand I didn't see either of you at all.  Curse of having responsibilities at MAGFest, I guess. Glad I was able to at least see and chat with some of you folk, even if it was just a "hi, gotta run!" type thing. 

Thanks to everyone that came out to see Marshall Art on Saturday. For those that missed it, we played both "But You're Still Hungry" and an updated, chippy post rock version of "Meteorites and Rabbits" - it was fun to revisit my first ever ocremix after almost a full decade. The MAGFest media guys (including @Cyril the Wolf who was on stream audio duties during our set) did a killer job of documenting our show... flubs and all. Being an international band that only gets to rehearse together in the few days at MAGFest is super fun, y'all should try it some time. ;)

Hoo boy.  Sooo, yeah.  This was not my best MAG.  Definitely experienced some substantial personal Sturm und Drang that, along with just generally trying to help my lady acclimate to her first MAG, kept me from much of what I wanted to do.  I'm pretty bummed I missed you guys entirely. :(:(:( 

But! Next year, my dudes.  Next year.  I will return, like MacArthur.  Or Larry Oji.  We'll hang.  8)