PRC365 - Portal to the Ice Portal (Actraiser II + Radical Dreamers)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 365
PRCv15-01

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Welcome to the 15th season of PRC. Hopefully 2018 will be a good year for PRC and Ocremix, with many new remixes. It is already a while ago, but it was HoboKa who managed to win PRC362, he defeated Flurry of Flames and Silverpool. PRC363 was won by FreakyT, Dex and again Flurry of Flames entered that round as well. Both HoboKa and FreakyT picked a source for PRC365 which is a double source round. So the Multiple Source Rounds rules written in the rules section apply this time.

On 8-12-2017 at 9:02 AM, HoboKa said:

Simple and wintery...in the more dark sense :D

Actraiser II: Ice Palace Deception  https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/Ice_Palace_Deception.mid

Source 1: Actraiser II (SNES) - Ice Palace Deception

MIDI

Source Information

On 21-12-2017 at 1:38 AM, FreakyT said:

You know, Radical Dreamers's soundtrack has gotten a ton of remixes, but no one has ever touched "Portal to Open Grounds", the organ track that plays exactly once. It's too bad, since I always thought it sounded cool!

Anyway, so that's why I'd like to pick Radical Dreamers: Portal to Open Grounds as one of the sources for PRC365.

Midi: https://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/snes/rd-portal_v1.mid

Source 2: Radical Dreamers (SNES) - Portal to Open Grounds

MIDI

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page you can use the ThaSauce page. If you use this, an account is required. If you don't want to use ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in this thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce. I will keep using ThaSauce as the place where all songs are located.

If you want to use ThaSauce, the following steps should be done.

• Click the ThaSauce Link.
  • Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  • Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  • Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  • Continue the process by filling in your information.
  • You will get a question to confirm that you're not a robot. Here are some possible answers:
  1. Name a compo: PRC
  2. Who organizes One Hour Compo: Starla
  3. Name a ThaSauce subdomain: compo.thasauce.net
  4. Who created Mega Mans: Capcom

A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.

Once registered, login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

After uploading your song, please check if your song plays and can be downloaded and played without problems. Only upload MP3 files.

PRC instructions

• The deadline is Wednesday January 17th 2018 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Make sure that the song is uploaded to ThaSauce or that there’s a download link posted in this thread.
  • You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that if you use ThaSauce, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix if you use ThaSauce. Of course you can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread.
  • Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  • To participate it is enough to remix only one of the sources. However, a three point bonus is given if both sources are mixed in one song.
  • Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they receive a free first place vote added onto their score.
  • The winner of this round may select the source for PRC367 which is not the round after this one, but the round after the next round. 
  • The winners of PRC362 and PRC363 who picked this source, HoboKa and FreakyT, can take part by remixing the other's source, or by remixing both sources in one source with the source picked by the other as 'dominant source'.
  • You can find the full rules list at this page as well. The Multiple Source Rounds rules apply this time.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

On Radical Dreamers' YouTube video, "Le Trésor Interdit" is the French for "The Forbidden Treasure" .
You're welcome.

Besides, I think i've got an idea on how to Remix it, I'll see if it fits well. Count me in !

EDIT : Here's my entry for this round, I just reorchestrated "Portal To Open Grounds", I didn't felt like adding to this music will do good so I simply tried to figure out the context and re-take it so that it would still fit in the game.
The MIDI source was soooooooooooo helpful.
(I tried to register on ThaSauce but i still haven't recieved the e-mail to validate my account so I'm dumping it on the thread, hoping it won't cause trouble.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vm1vuupyohsfKyU8tv6OPkXN0efIEItV

Hope you'll like it!

15 hours ago, AxLR said:

On Radical Dreamers' YouTube video, "Le Trésor Interdit" is the French for "The Forbidden Treasure" .
You're welcome.

Besides, I think i've got an idea on how to Remix it, I'll see if it fits well. Count me in !

EDIT : Here's my entry for this round, I just reorchestrated "Portal To Open Grounds", I didn't felt like adding to this music will do good so I simply tried to figure out the context and re-take it so that it would still fit in the game.
The MIDI source was soooooooooooo helpful.
(I tried to register on ThaSauce but i still haven't recieved the e-mail to validate my account so I'm dumping it on the thread, hoping it won't cause trouble.)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vm1vuupyohsfKyU8tv6OPkXN0efIEItV

Hope you'll like it!

Thanks. Hopefully you get the mail, otherwise I'll upload the song myself next week.

Welcome to the voting stage 

The mixing stage is over. This round has 3 songs. The following people compete against each other

Dex

PlanarianHugger

AxLR

(if you want a different color, let me know by replying or sending me a PM).

To vote, do the following:

·       Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.

·       Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen or click PM.

·       Fill in the entries from first to third in the ThaSauce form or fill in your top 3.

·       State a reasoning for it.

·       Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve, they get a free first place if they vote, so it might help. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments. 

·       HoboKa and Starphoenix  both have a vote that counts twice.

·       Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially since some people might vote by sending me a PM.

You have until THIS Monday, January 22nd 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (17:00 UTC, 18:00 GMT) to vote.

If you vote by PM make sure that your top 3 (or top 2 for participants) is clear. I prefer something like this:

(To)

Bundeslang (if you follow the link you won’t have to add my name).

(Subject)

PRC ### Vote

(Message):

1: (remixer A )

2: (remixer B )

3: (remixer C )

(reasoning)

I will post the feedback given in the PM’s and the votes in this thread. The winner may choose the source tune for PRC354.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote or click here to send a PM.

Results time.

AxLR got 10 points and gets the last place wooden spoon.

Dex gathered 14 points, which bring him a second place.

And the winner of PRC365 by unanimous decision is PlanarianHugger with 18 points.

PlanarianHugger congratulations. It was a win by unanimous decision, everyone voted for you. As a reward, you may pick a source for PRC367. Send the source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Monday (29 January 2018), 10:59 AM ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT).

You may select any source for any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Check the ThaSauce Page for the results and votes.

On 17-1-2018 at 10:37 PM, AxLR said:

1: PlanarianHunger

2: Dex

I really enjoyed both of those remixes, they were astonishingly creative, which makes me feel uncomfortable and not worthy of the first place at all.

It was quite hard to decide which was the best but PlanarianHunger did both musics and props for that because it was really tricky to make them fit together, plus that chilly 80's vibe was THE atmosphere to aim with those two songs.

Dex really had an amazing idea of giving Portal To Open Grounds a Beethoven feeling because it felt good with the style of the music. Plus his performance was really good. But In terms of creativity, he was a little bit behind. Mostly because PlanarianHunger could throw back his remix into the game without it feeling off.

Both did really well and I'm quite glad to have them facing me, It made me grow a lot, and I honestly lost confidence in front of their song, but that's okay, It was really good.

So yeah, you got my reasoning.

1 hour ago, PlanarianHugger said:

Keep trying. It takes time, experience and effort to get there. Look back at some of my early entrees and you can see how bad they are in comparison to my newer stuff (at least in my opinion). It sounds like you have the right attitude and that's half the battle. I look forward to hearing your future work.

Or be an emo like me and try hard anyways.  Not recommended - emotions suck.  Either way works, just never stop, keep on bashing your head against the wall until it breaks through, then the blood, sweat and tears pays off :)