Keyboard connectivity

I'm an old age codger looking for help from you young 'uns.

I have an old Korg X3, an old Yamaha PSR450 and an electric guitar. I play and record purely for my own amusement. Up until now, I have used just one at a time but would like to use the keyboards together.... so I have purchased a Behringer502usb mixer. I expected to just plug the Korg from the quarter inch 'outs' on the Korg to the quarter inch 'in' jacks on the mixer but getting nothing through the headphones. Both keyboards function individually when plugged from the h/phone socket to the rca inputs on the mixer. 

Also....I have seen a youtube vid where the guy plugs his guitar direct into the quarter jack on the mic panel and it clearly works for him... but not for me. I am quickly losing the will to live.....can anybody point me in the right direction please?

Hm, you're not doing anything wrong, from what I can make out. I am not familiar with that particular mixer, but since it's a USB one it might have software you need to install and run?

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe you forgot to turn up the volume knobs on the mixer? Normally, each (non-rca) input has its own volume knob and probably also EQ.

Yeah to echo what @Jorito said, there aren't too many variables:

• If you have 1/4 headphones, try plugging them directly into the 1/4 outs of the Korg/Yamaha, just as a sanity check.
  • Assuming that test succeeds, there are only a few buttons on the Behringer that could be messing you up:
    • Try the "to main mix" buttons like Jorrith said
    • Make sure level knobs are up
    • If the mixer has a software interface, post a screenshot, and/or a photo of your hookup
    • If the mixer has a software interface, make sure the line inputs are enabled, NOT muted, that no other inputs are set to solo, and that they are assigned to main mix

Well you were on the right track. Main mix in - headphones OFF ..... to use the headphones, I was just worried about knackering something. I think the headphones button is to monitor mixes back from the PC via the usb...rather than for listening to what you are playing.

I appreciate your help, so many thanks.