Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask (Song of Healing)

BenEmberley

Hiya everybody, hope you all had a good New Year!  Posting my third upload here - It's a meditative Orchestral Arrangement of the Song of Healing from Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask.  The link to the Soundcloud page is below.  Tried to make some changes to the sound in this piece, especially in the strings.  Brass sounds a bit too artificially bright, but then that's NotePerformer.  Will be putting it through a Sample Library when I get one connected to my Kontakt!

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the wait on formal feedback for this one as well, Ben, but you have a good base here.

At 1:56, the bow movements/attacks of the strings sounded very exposed. The sudden rise in volume at 2:16 with the brass didn't make sense either, but you're aware of that.

Arrangement-wise, the first 2 minutes were a (good-sounding) super-close cover, but thankfully you branched out into other instrumentation and expansive part-writing to flesh this out. This one suffered from more obvious exposure of mechanical-sounding samples; there's serviceable, but if some parts and thin AND don't sound humanized, it stands out.

I'd run this by folks in the Music Composition & Production forums with a rundown of what you used to make this to see what feedback other folks have. It's not far off from where OCR's quality bar is, and possibly could pass as is, so if you were definitely done with this, then go ahead and submit it. But some production refinements would make sure that passing wasn't potentially in question. That said, the arrangement side of this was solid, so that doesn't need to be touched.

[This is an automatically generated message]

I've reviewed your remix and have returned it to Work-in-Progress status, indicating that I think there are some things you still need to work on. After you work on your track and feel that you'd like some more feedback, please change the prefix back to Ready for Review and I'll review it again! Good luck!