chrono trigger help

GSO

You walk into the wind to counter it directly, so if you need to be careful you can walk to the side (which with the wind will push you diagonal), and when you get close to the edge you can hold up to stop. Run up until you have a comfortable height and then walk to the side again. Rinse and repeat until that section is done. It's slower than just running through it, but if you're having trouble it's more sound.

It's been forever since I've played so I don't remember if the wind is constant or if it's periodic, so adjust the strategy accordingly.

Best of luck, there.

My favorite game!

It's been a long time since I've played CT but i know the area your talking about.   When I reached that point I'd always just try to sprint across.  walking never worked for me. 

When sprinting, you will slowly slide down, so you have to be careful and try to keep to the middle of the path.   Too high and you fall from the top, too slow and you fall from the bottom.   Sprinting will get you across faster and kind of give you a baseline. 

Strategy to Try: Start near the top on the right and run straight to the left.  Don't adjust up or down.  You'll fall but, you'll know where to correct and move up to make it further. It can be a very frustrating point in the game, if you've not done it before and I've only done it with a Dpad or WASD on a PC emulator but it's very light adjustments up and down while sprinting left.  If you're using a joystick, it'll be extremely slight adjustments up and down.   Also, where the path dips downward, you won't have to adjust up or down until it levels out and goes back up.    Hopefully this is helps.   It's all trial and error.  Good Luck to you and when you get past it (if you haven't already) Congrats!