Royd Rage

Troyificus

• 1 month later...

I won't pretend to be the best at critiquing music, but since I love the source and your rendering, I'll do my best to help out!

Firstly, I like your approach for Royd's theme. The only remixes I've heard of it are all heavy laced guitar stuff, the kind of thing that actually makes me think about a roid rage. But a trance mix? Very inventive, I think. Its pretty reserved, as far as the melody goes, but you are able to give it a mood and feel that is unique to the source while still being similar. To be frank, there isn't a whole lot to Royd's theme, but you were able to keep it interesting for the whole six minutes. The melody seems a little too quiet around 1:30 and the outro, but the fade in/fade out effect is pretty interesting. The drums become a little repetitive at times, but they aren't overpowering.

In short, I love the track. Wish I could give better feedback, but I'd add it to my playlist as it stands.