Megaman 8 - tengu man stage

underthesun

Right off the bat, when the melody comes in, the overall sound becomes muddy. I'm not TOO familiar with the source piece, but from what I remember there's isn't alot of differences going on, or alot going on period.

I like the approach you have, though. Actually, the more I listen to it, the more I like it. Especially the refrain.

It just feels a bit muddy. Any way you could clean it up? I know I'd enjoy it a bit more if it was cleaner. Nice job, though.

|GX

Thanks. I honestly don't know what's going on either, this is actually my second ever project made with fruity loops (still learning), and when I exported for some reason some of the samples screwed up..

the source material was 1:04 to around 2:00 and the last two sections that are similar to it, the rest was original stuff that i made to try to make it less monotonic..

what's a refrain? (total noob here)

Lol. A refrain is the part that repeats in a song after a verse. Usually in a song with lyrics it holds the name of the song, and the easiest part to remember.

And you say the sound changed when you exported? What bitrate did you export it in (IE 128, 192, etc), and did you change any of the settings on the export screen?

|GX