Vocal Triggers, a CT project

DragonAvenger

Ok, I know I write really long posts. Bear with me. And yes, I know we've seen tons of CT lately, but...who cares, it's a great soundtrack.

I've been thinking about starting a non-site project covering certain themes from Chrono Trigger, adding vocals to the main melody. Much like Final Fantasy Pray, Love Will Grow, and Song Book Mahoroba. I want to incorporate different styles of music, as the FF titles mentioned did, but stay within CT, as well as make sure the lyrics are appropriate to the game.

That being said, the problem I have, as some know, is that I don't mix. I wish I could, but I've never been good at arranging, and don't really have the time/desire to sit down and really work on learning how to mix/arrange. This is where you come in. I'm looking for people interested in making accompaniments for me. Also, I'm not opposed to getting some other vocalists on here with me, so if you want to try some songs, feel free to join in!

All that above being said, here's the songs I'm looking at doing so far. I have ideas for some, haven't thought about others. If you think of something and you think it's feasible, mention it, by all means!

1-05 Memories of Green

1-06 Guardia Millenial Fair - I want to borrow from this. I haven't asked him yet, however.

1-09 Wind Scene - Lyrics are written, thinking a ballad style.

1-15 Manoria Cathedral - Some melody over the original. I'll explain if interested.

1-19 Kaero's Theme (Frog's Theme) - May have this worked out already with a mixer, so this is sorta on hold....maybe.

1-21 Kingdom Trial - I might ask Ubernym if he's willing to do something with this with me. He had an amazing WIP a while ago.

2-04 People Who Threw Away the Will to Live - acappella cover. I need a male voice!

2-06 The Day the World Revived

3-01 Singing Mountain

3-03 At the Bottom of Night - Lyrics are written, thinking a jazz ballad. I play trumpet, and am looking for trombone, piano, bass, perc.

3-04 Corridors of Time - something techno-y?

3-08 Undersea Palace

3-13 World Revolution

3-16 Epiloge-To Good Friends - This one's already covered, I just have to record.

Hopefully this piques your interest! Feel free to aim(XdarlantanX) or email me (darlantandragonavenger@gmail.com. My PM box is pretty full, so...don't try to get me there, thanks!

I may be interested, once I have net access back at home again we'll see (that should be really soon). I've told you I wanted to work with you before (at least I think I told you) so, yeah... I'll probably do something. May I suggest spreading this out to the entire Chrono series? Or maybe even just all the games Mitsuda's composed? Xenogears has amazing music too.

EDIT: I sing too so whatever song I end up arranging I'll definitely sing with you too.

I may be interested, once I have net access back at home again we'll see (that should be really soon). I've told you I wanted to work with you before (at least I think I told you) so, yeah... I'll probably do something. May I suggest spreading this out to the entire Chrono series? Or maybe even just all the games Mitsuda's composed? Xenogears has amazing music too.

EDIT: I sing too so whatever song I end up arranging I'll definitely sing with you too.

For now I'm keeping this to CT, simply because it's big enough as it is in terms of a 'project.' And with one mixer and 2 voices who want to join up, it's looking like not much is going to happen with this soon anyways. If things start going well, maybe it could be expanded, but the original idea was to be able to fit this onto one cd, at least hypothetically.

Anyways, thanks for the support so far, hopefully this will take off soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...