Final Fantasy 7 ReMix Compo [Results]

zircon

Well, that's the deadline everyone! Here are the results.

First Place: Mustin

Second Place: Sephfire & Tweek

Third Place: Reuben Kee

Mustin had a strong upper hand on first place, but there was a lot of competition for everyone else. I won't post the numbers - but suffice it to say that with one or two more votes, the 2nd and 3rd places could have very easily been switched (or two new names could have been there entirely!) I'll be contacting some of y'all very soon about joining the FF7 project itself. Not just the winners either. And of course, prizes will be sent out as appropriate - PM me if you won with your email & name. :)

I'd like to thank everyone for participating. Lots of great tunes here and I wish I could have given out 5 prizes and not just 3. I hope some of you develop your tracks and submit them later, too - I think with a little more time a lot of 'em could be improved (after all, one month isn't that long in the grand scheme of things). :D

Nice.

I didn't vote personally because it was way too close for me to call. I wanted to give special props to Prophet though...your arrangement gave me a special feeling I haven't had for a while.

Also, the Racing Chocobos mixes turned out surprisingly good...props to everyone who tackled that track. :)

thanks, dhsu.

i had trouble deciding on voting stuff too, because i really wasn't sure which ones i'd pick. i had trouble narrowing it down below about six, personally. there was a lot of great mixes on this.

lol, results reflect my vote, except that I chose Prophet of Mephisto for the 3rd place, but I precised that Reuben Kee + Nicole Adams & Sir Nuts would deserve too this 3rd place. I guess that's the 5 Zircon is talking about.

Anyway, congrats to each one of the remixers for their efforts !

Btw Zircon, have there been more votes than for VOCR, or...?

Great turnout guys. Congrats to Mustin what a damn good song, and it was unfinished too!

Yeah Proph you and your mighty sexaphone were pretty amazing.

There were tons of really strong entries, my condolences to those who tried the chocobo theme I'd prob stay away from it at all costs unless I could do some mad shredding on the guitar with it! That's what I thought Fishy was gonna go for, but a guitarist made a bad ass mix without guitar and doin a insane theme.

Awesome!

Thanks for voting us the winner, folks! I gotta thank Lisa, Jennifer, and Tim for performing on the track. Also, thanks to everyone involved in the contest!

I'll be finishing the mix pretty soon and sending it to zircon for the project. It'll be a tighter mix with more cool stuff so watch for that when the projct is released.

Thanks again! You've all made my morning!

That's what I thought Fishy was gonna go for, but a guitarist made a bad ass mix without guitar and doin a insane theme.

lol, and just what are you saying about guitarists?

You know I did actually start a rockin Still more fighting mix, but it turned into a cover. I have it if you want it. Might put it on the WIPs board for funs.

Seriously though, cheers avaris. We guitarists aren't all "MOAR DISTORSHUN!!!", although...