OCR00201 - Mega Man "Cut Man Sonata"

m68030

• 2 months later...

Now now, if you study classical literature, you will see that the term "Sonata" not only refers to a form based on recurring themes and development, but also to an actual style as well. While this doesn't follow A section, B section, development, recapitulation, and all those rules (that tend to make songs too damn LONG in my opinion), it does in fact capture the essence and quality of a sonata style, even when compared mildly to classical pieces of centuries past.

Don't know why I felt the need to write that; perhaps to make it seem like I learned all that crap in college for an actual reason, heh.

-Mazedude

http://listen.to/mazedude

And yes, I too commend McVaffe on a nice tune. I can play it on the piano too, did ya know that? Ask McVaffe, I was hanging out with him in NY the other day. Good stuff.

This has to be the best remix on this site. Probably because all the other remixes of Megaman are techno. I know that they are cool, but this song is ............................. pretty. Really good moving piano piece. There is a lot of extra harmony and chords added into this song that make it sound like an old-school classical piano piece, like Moonlight sonata or something. This is excellent! Much respect. Hell, I wish I could play that on the piano!

• 2 weeks later...

megaman .. piano ... another thing i thought was impossible, and was prooved wrong on sight. MCV brings us another one of those tracks that blows people away with creativity. DJP resumes everything quite nicely here ..

Cutman's sonata is an amazing piano mix .. that makes me wonder if they shuold someday make a megaman piano Soundtrack ?

• 2 months later...

this is a great peice! Never would i think that it would be possible but i was glad to see that i am wrong that piano could do so well with Mega Man! Very relaxing and well done. I love cut man's song and this just makes me enjoy it that much more! It is a must have! 8/10

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is probably my very favorite song on the site. The arrangement and performance are both simply amazing. Who would've guessed that Megaman would sound so good in piano? And so natural? I've been known to leave this playing for hours on end. And you know what? It still sounds awesome.

Great work, McVaffe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Minimal, but very enjoyable to listen to. The arrangement is not terribly deep, but it sounds very good, and the top notch playing (or samples/effects, I don't know) compliment it well. I've been playing this myself for the past few weeks (not the original theme, but this remix) and I've gotten some compliments on it- to which, of course, I respond that I didn't make it up or arrange it or anything.

Definitly good stuff, 9/10.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, I had to create an account for this one. I love remixes, and piano ones are probably my favorite. But they seem rather difficult to come by. Anyways...

I play piano, as I'm sure so to do some of you, and I have to say that I really appreciate this song. If i close my eyes, I can literally see one of my instructors playing this. It's so well done.

This is beautiful work. Congradulations. As well, if there were to be sheet music of this, I would also be interested. Thank you.

~Lord Syruss Khalai

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00201 - Mega Man "Cut Man Sonata"