VOCR: Vocal Remixing Compo- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Jillian Aversa

Damn, I'm drivin' over the mountains and shit. Yeah! YEAH! DRIVIN' A TOYOOOTAAA. VROOM VROOM BABY!

When I was taking my driving lessons we where driving around some mountains. I looked down at my steering wheel and sure enough, I was driving a Toyota. I started laughing and my teacher looked at me like "what's so funny?" So I yelled "DAYUM I'M DRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIVIN' DA DA MOUNTAINS N SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET." She didn't do anything but tell me how to drive after that :)

Back onto subject, oh wow am I going to have some fun doing this. This might be worse than that DDR track I did for OLR ("This Is The New Sound")

I'm in

Damn, I'm drivin' over the mountains and shit. Yeah! YEAH! DRIVIN' A TOYOOOTAAA. VROOM VROOM BABY!

When I was taking my driving lessons we where driving around some mountains. I looked down at my steering wheel and sure enough, I was driving a Toyota. I started laughing and my teacher looked at me like "what's so funny?" So I yelled "DAYUM I'M DRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIVIN' DA DA MOUNTAINS N SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET." She didn't do anything but tell me how to drive after that :)

That's awesome. I lol'd

2P: Rap is welcome! Give it what you got.

ho snap

i smell a myf/arek collab commin along

I'm interested in entering too... and lately I've been listening to a fair bit of hiphop/rap... perhaps I'll give it a go too! :P ...but I'm not entirely sure where to start with it. Plus I've only got a borrowed SingStar mic. :P

PM me if you've got any advice or wanna do a collab with me.

]Maybe another prize could be having the mix posted as an OCR mix...

I've thought about that, but...

a) Just like any compo, I don't really have the right to guarantee the winning mix will be posted. Everyone has to go through the same system, I'm afraid.

B) It's still zircon's mix to begin with, and if he doesn't like anything that comes out of this round enough, we can't make him officially collab. Hopefully he'll want to, though, in which case the winner would flesh things out some more with him.

I'm SO in! I loved this when I heard it on Flow Basket, and I'm already getting some ideas together. I have a question though: do the lyrics have to be in English?

Hopefully my mic won't be too crappy, and my computer won't slaughter the quality (the laptop on which I'm working doesn't really have a separate soundcard, it's built into the modem.)

Lastly, can we have a section available for joke mixes - not to be judged, merely to provide humor? I might take Sammy up on the Klezmer/Yiddish Polka thing, just for laughs (if I have time.)

This compo came down reallly fast. I just noticed the other thread this morning (with the vocal compo idea).

Put me down as a contestant. I will TRY to get something down by the deadline, if I can work time around finals exams, work, girlfriend; and if I feel like I can work with Zircon's tune that I haven't listened to yet.

I think three weeks really isn't that long for a performance contest (as opposed to creating sequenced music). People need time to train and prepare for these things. It's going to be tough just coming up with complete lyrics by the deadline, let alone practicing and recording it. I have pretty low expectations of what people will be able to do in that short amount of time. Talent is really going to come into play here.

Good luck people

I just listened to the song we're working with on this one. It definitely sounds interesting enough to work with. I was worried it was going be like a 5 minute song, but 2:30 definitely sounds like something I'd have time for.

This sounds like something that would be fun to mix also. Expect a lot 80's style reverb and delay effects. :P

bladiator: No, you don't have to be on the list of participants to enter. If you decide to do something last-minute, that's totally cool. I'm just keeping a list for the sake of everyone else, in case they're curious to see who's doing stuff or want to collab.

genghisdani: Lyrics in a foreign language are sweet! No reason not to allow that. Also, yes, joke mixes are always fun. Just be sure to include "Joke entry" in the title when you email it to me, so I know to put it in a separate category.

Ghetto Lee Lewis: I know three weeks isn't a lot of time, but most compos around here seem to run on a two-week basis, so I think should be just enough for everyone. If I made the deadline 4 weeks or more, I think people would lose some momentum, y'know?

This is awesome, guys! I'm glad there has been so much interest so far.