VOCR: Vocal Remixing Compo- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Jillian Aversa

Question: does it matter if they're original lyrics or inspired lyrics? Because, usually I do well writing inspired lyrics, but I'm struggling with such for this. Now, I can write some mean original lyrics, but since this is for a VG song, would it matter?

Wait... if joke remixes are in a different catagory, does that mean that it would also get.... prizes?

Don't count me in just yet, but I might throw something down come Dec 23... think of it as a really terrible early xmas present

Edit: w00! first post on a new page!

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for it, but I'm having difficulty writing lyrics, but I can sing. Anyone who's been watching this have lyrical ability and would be willing to collab?

maybe i can help....i'll PM you if i'm able to write something ok?

Sounds good. Thanks. :)

Question: does it matter if they're original lyrics or inspired lyrics? Because, usually I do well writing inspired lyrics, but I'm struggling with such for this. Now, I can write some mean original lyrics, but since this is for a VG song, would it matter?

If you're going to do lyrics, they should be written with this competition in mind—not taken from somewhere else. But explain what you mean by "inspired lyrics." If they are taken from a really popular song, changed dramatically, and credited... that should be okay. Feel free to PM me what you had in mind.

EDIT:

Yo crazyonr1, sorry I didn't see your question until just now. Let me make a distinction: you can make a "funny" entry and still have it count in the competition, if you want to go for the prizes. But people who mark their songs as "joke entries" will just be in it for the fun.

Does anyone else think that this thing lends itself to rap quite handily?

And is anyone else chronically white like me?

Haha, yes and yes. Still waiting for D-Lux to show up; this style would be perfect for him.

Um... So, guys? Would anybody object to my entering the compo after all? I don't know if I can keep my hands off this track; it's too darn sexy! If I did submit, all votes would be PM'ed to someone else, obviously.

EDIT:

OMG, Mustin, jinx!

Does anyone else think that this thing lends itself to rap quite handily?

And is anyone else chronically white like me?

Haha, yes and yes. Still waiting for D-Lux to show up; this style would be perfect for him.

Um... So, guys? Would anybody object to my entering the compo after all? I don't know if I can keep my hands off this track; it's too darn sexy! If I did submit, all votes would be PM'ed to someone else, obviously.

EDIT:

OMG, Mustin, jinx!

Go ahead if you wanna lose that bad.

jus kiddin' I don't care

Well, of course I wouldn't cheat, but I couldn't blame anyone for feeling uncomfortable if I were counting the votes. It wouldn't be hard to have someone else do it instead. zircon, maybe? He's involved indirectly, after all.

(Also, if I made it to the top three, I wouldn't take one of my own prizes; dat'd be dumb. I'd just include a 4th winner.)

Well, of course I wouldn't cheat, but I couldn't blame anyone for feeling uncomfortable if I were counting the votes.
Don't forget that Rexy often enters the PRC contest, and no one ever had to discuss her counts.

And I used to both run and join PsRC on OLR, still with no problems.