VOCR: Vocal Remixing Compo- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Jillian Aversa

Hey, is it too late to join this?
The only real deadline for this is in like three weeks, you don't even need to join by posting in this thread, just submit your entry to Pixietricks if you want to join secretly, like I'm going to do.

Ohwait.

Time to get the competition worried.

Lyrics = done

Melody = 75% done in my head

Good luck executing it.

You may be finished, but if you can't sing, it's still going to be garbage.

Hey, I'm just being hypothetical. I'm sure you got a good chance at this compo.

I haven't even started the lyrics, so I'll probably be rushing this thing a bit towards the end of the three weeks.

Question: does it matter if they're original lyrics or inspired lyrics? Because, usually I do well writing inspired lyrics, but I'm struggling with such for this. Now, I can write some mean original lyrics, but since this is for a VG song, would it matter?

If you're going to do lyrics, they should be written with this competition in mind—not taken from somewhere else. But explain what you mean by "inspired lyrics." If they are taken from a really popular song, changed dramatically, and credited... that should be okay. Feel free to PM me what you had in mind.

What I mean by "inspired lyrics" is lyrics that were inspired by the game, lyrics that actually tie in with the game.

^There's probably not much going for you in terms of inspiration to take from. When I write for RPG tracks, sure, there's a point in the story where the track first appears, or whatnot. This...not so much.

Hey, if you want to go that route, good luck!

Yeah, see, that's what I mean. There's not much to take from here.

Not that you've gotten this far yet, but for the voting stage, do you think you could rename everything to something without the remixer's name? That way we can have less votes based on who actually did the remix. (Even though with vocals, there will be more chance to actually know whose is whose.)

i second this idea :)

I also like this idea. Maybe assign everyone a number and number the songs, and then vote? Otherwise, people will vote for the big names.

Not that you've gotten this far yet, but for the voting stage, do you think you could rename everything to something without the remixer's name? That way we can have less votes based on who actually did the remix. (Even though with vocals, there will be more chance to actually know whose is whose.)

i second this idea :)

I also like this idea. Maybe assign everyone a number and number the songs, and then vote? Otherwise, people will vote for the big names.

Yeah, even using the name of the song might be a problem, because I know mine's going to be called "Bad Ass Collab by Mustin/pixietricks/zircon/other-people-with-badassedness"

I think the file name should be whatever the heck you want as long as there is a proper id3 tag (keep the filename within reason and not 13413243 characters long and start it off with the singer/songwriter name).

example:

gll_awesome_singing_compo_thingy_1_Iamgonnawinthisthinghahahaeverybodyaresuckormaybenot.mp3

The id3 tag will simply be: artist: zircon ft. gll; title: probably something to do with the lyrics, put in comments the name of the original song "smooth Metal" or whatever.

If it's like a mega-collab (singer, songwriter, backup vocals, etc.) then write in the comment section of the id3 so we can figure out who made the song.

good idea; that way everyone won't vote for me because they know my awesomeness (or vote against me because no one really likes me anyway).

hahaha

already some shittalkin' goin on

nice

I don't need to talk shit. I just back it up. :P

I'm not sure why that's necessary, considering that the "big name" people will be recognizable anyway, if they're so popular. But I suppose if it would make you guys feel more comfortable, we can do it that way. We want to be sure that the voters have actually listened to all the tracks, after all. Just remember: All submissions should be properly tagged with song titles and artist names when they're sent to me. I'll assign numbers for anonymity when I host everything for the voting stage. ^_~

I'm not sure why that's necessary, considering that the "big name" people will be recognizable anyway, if they're so popular. But I suppose if it would make you guys feel more comfortable, we can do it that way. We want to be sure that the voters have actually listened to all the tracks, after all. Just remember: All submissions should be properly tagged with song titles and artist names when they're sent to me. I'll assign numbers for anonymity when I host everything for the voting stage. ^_~

Some people might be recognizable, but some people (like myself) never use vocals anyway, so I'm hoping that you can't tell who I am.

Some people might be recognizable, but some people (like myself) never use vocals anyway, so I'm hoping that you can't tell who I am.

Well, *I* have to tell who you are to run this compo, but the voters don't. :D

Well, *I* have to tell who you are to run this compo, but the voters don't. :D

But I'm embarassed. :oops: lol