VOCR: Vocal Remixing Compo- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Jillian Aversa

Heheheh...I don't know what I'm thinking when I do stuff like this. A bunch of out of tune Ooo'ing and Ah'ing, mixed with some pseudo beatboxing and playing of the strumstick (I just can't help myself!). Playing a string instrument with a gimp finger was fun too!

I actually don't like how it sounds, mainly since I haven't worked on music in many many months. I also just completely winged everything with no planning or practice, but hey, this is all in good fun right? After some more minor level adjustments I'll PM you the MP3 link.

I'll PM you the MP3 link.

Everybody read the first post! I expect submissions to be emailed to me directly, according to the guidelines.

Just as a heads up... I'm considering possibly extending the deadline a few days. So many people have commented that they got sick, and I just woke up this morning with terribly swollen tonsils (was gonna spend all day recording), so it might not hurt to give people a little leeway.

If you're not sick, though, please plan on getting your stuff to me by the original deadline! I haven't decided yet whether or not it would be worth it to extend the process.

I managed to finish my entry, but unfortunately it fails. Hard. :lol:

That track was very difficult to sing to.. it didn't help that I couldn't sing WHILE it was playing because my recording set up consists of a pair of speakers and a crappy headset. Hopefully next time I'll find a way around that.

Dude, don't worry about it. Doesn't matter how much your stuff sucks or even if you don't think you're that good. This is all in good fun.

Plus, can't gain experience without trying, you know?

I'm not upset. I just have to figure out a way to record while it's playing without recording the song itself again. :?

Dude, don't worry about it. Doesn't matter how much your stuff sucks or even if you don't think you're that good. This is all in good fun.

I'm not upset. I just have to figure out a way to record while it's playing without recording the song itself again. :?

record the background music to a cd, or sync it to a mp3 player. The listen to it on headphones on a low volume, and record and sing off the mike?

Issue with that is that then you have to re-sync the vocal track with the tune, which is very hard to do, at least if you're me. :D
Come on, I always do that when I add vocals to a song.

Just use a software like Goldwave and keep on use the undo thing.

record the background music to a cd, or sync it to a mp3 player. The listen to it on headphones on a low volume, and record and sing off the mike?

I actually used my headset to record(lawlz I have no real mic), so I tried this already. It doesn't work. In fact, the music is recorded louder this way. :o