VOCR: Vocal Remixing Compo- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Jillian Aversa

In terms of actual OCR submitting and stuff, I hope that this competition works, in addition to having zirc work with the winner, as a vein for existing sequencers and remixers to find vocal talent. I hope that this thread isn't just a thread vocalists look at, because I know that I've wanted to collab with someone for a while... speaking of which, I need to start working on Rexy's Dirge for the Follin track again...

That'd be very helpful, Jeremy. :D

In terms of actual OCR submitting and stuff, I hope that this competition works, in addition to having zirc work with the winner, as a vein for existing sequencers and remixers to find vocal talent. I hope that this thread isn't just a thread vocalists look at, because I know that I've wanted to collab with someone for a while...

Agreed. I'm really hoping we'll get a bunch of remixers interested in offering up their tracks for the compo as well. The more styles the better!

lot of thank for extension

file:///a:/música/rolacruz/vorc.mp3

Este es en tu computador. No podemos download lo (no se como se dice "download" en espanol)

Necesitas ponerlo en el red.

Tambien, no lo das a todomundo; solamente a pixietricks. Puedes darlo a pixietricks por e-mail.

(lo siento, no he practicado mi espanol mucho)

Woo hoo! Got another two submissions this morning, and they're sounding good. I'll post everything after the compo closes tonight.

Sounds like the last-minute ill-prepared thing I submitted early this morning was at least halfway decent. At least I know how to use Audacity and FL Studio to clean the vocals up a bit (although not enough free time to do a great job with them). It helps having a somewhat clean recording setup also (I used a Samson CO1U USB condensor mic and a pair of closed-type airline headphones, probably about the best someone can do for under $100 :P ).

Normally this would be the time where I'd write the most homo erotic joke song lyrics possible (see/hear this), but sadly I am sick today, so no song from me D:

Sadly, I think I've heard your remix before.... -_-

I've been wanting to do something to satirize all the boy bands and RnB that's been made during the last 15 years or so. If only most of that music wasn't so blatantly homo-erotic already.... (and a lot of artists have come out of the closet already; we're still waiting for a few more).

:lol:

In terms of actual OCR submitting and stuff, I hope that this competition works, in addition to having zirc work with the winner, as a vein for existing sequencers and remixers to find vocal talent. I hope that this thread isn't just a thread vocalists look at, because I know that I've wanted to collab with someone for a while... speaking of which, I need to start working on Rexy's Dirge for the Follin track again...

I see this competition as an invaluable resource for getting remixers and performers together, since we'll have so many vocal samples to work with. On that note, I think each round of this contest should have a varied genre in order to attract different types of singers. I know I wasn't really that comfortable with the style of background music. With all the variety of music on this site, it shouldn't be difficult to get different types of arrangements for this compo.

Also, I think we should have a different guest remixer make music for each compo (not that I necessarily dislike Zircon's music, but variety is usually a good thing). A good way to find a remixer could be whoever had really good production quality in their submission, or else people that show interest in this thread, or whatever. If it becomes controversial there can be a way to decide who will arrange the next song; maybe voting or another competition, or whatever.

Overall, I think there are far too few OC Remixes containing quality vocals. Hopefully this competition can change that in the future.

I don't really know how future rounds of VOCR will be, but I think the rules need to be changed a bit from time to time. I think what effects are allowed depends on the genre, but should be restricted, i.e. autotune allowed for techno, not allowed for classical, etc. I think the winner of each round should get to have a say in how the next round will be different also. Cool prizes are nice and all, but the point of this competition should be to have fun and actually make some decent music.

lol, I'm ranting way too much; I'm just getting extremely bored at work. :P

GLL:

In terms of actual OCR submitting and stuff, I hope that this competition works, in addition to having zirc work with the winner, as a vein for existing sequencers and remixers to find vocal talent. I hope that this thread isn't just a thread vocalists look at, because I know that I've wanted to collab with someone for a while...

Agreed. I'm really hoping we'll get a bunch of remixers interested in offering up their tracks for the compo as well. The more styles the better!

Beat ya to it. ^_~