VOCR: Vocal Remixing Compo- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Jillian Aversa

Just to let you know, the files (at least for me) for 6, 7 and 10 are a little screwy. Definately still readable, but just some "f0" things and "U8239" or something before some lines.

Definately some pretty good submissions, but I think I have my choices.

I wish I could have gotten a rerecord with this, but alas, no alone time, and still kinda sick anyways. Oh well, I'm still somewhat satisfied with mine.

All the tracks have been tagged anonymously!
Not really. Several of them still have comments intact.

SPOILERS BELOW

I especially love the one that says "Background music is a remix of Metalman's Theme from the NES game Mega Man 2; This arrangement is titled "Smooth Metal" by Zircon; original lyrics by Ghetto Lee Lewis and Reece Regino, performed by Ghetto Lee Lewis, final production and mastering by Ghetto Lee Lewis" :lol:

Yours is recognizable too, as well as Flik's and 2p's.

You should edit the tags better :(

SPOILERS BELOW

I especially love the one that says "Background music is a remix of Metalman's Theme from the NES game Mega Man 2; This arrangement is titled "Smooth Metal" by Zircon; original lyrics by Ghetto Lee Lewis and Reece Regino, performed by Ghetto Lee Lewis, final production and mastering by Ghetto Lee Lewis" :lol:

lol, just don't read the tags. It's not like I'm going to win this anyway. We got a lot better entries than I expected (I was expecting computer nerds from the internet who can't hold a note who own $5 mics or headsets).

Also, this compo gave me a lot of ideas. I'm definitely going to try a different style next time.

SPOILERS BELOW

lol, just don't read the tags. It's not like I'm going to win this anyway. We got a lot better entries than I expected (I was expecting computer nerds from the internet who can't hold a note who own $5 mics or headsets).

Also, this compo gave me a lot of ideas. I'm definitely going to try a different style next time.

That would be me, but fortunately, Zolborn has a much better quality mic than I do, so if he hadn't been able to record us, you would have gotten that $5 recording you expected.

#3 is simply awesome.

I'm still listening to more entries though, but had to chime in anyways and mention that.

Unfortunately for me, I couldn't really participate on this comp due to recent, faulty hardware preventing me from monitoring my mixes. Once I get that taken care of, then hopefully I can join in on the fun one of these rounds.

It's funny, how when listening to some of these entries, I hear certain vocal parts that sound like something I might have done as well with this track. It feels like I caught the same vibe as other vocalists. Pretty cool.

We got a lot better entries than I expected (I was expecting computer nerds from the internet who can't hold a note who own $5 mics or headsets).

Stop describing me accurately! :cry:

I'm surprised at how many people decided to rap this song. I kinda wish there was more variety, but I think that's the "fault" of the vocalists, not the background track. I definitely think we should make everyone sing to the same track, it's much cooler that way.

We got a lot better entries than I expected (I was expecting computer nerds from the internet who can't hold a note who own $5 mics or headsets).

I'm surprised at how many people decided to rap this song. I kinda wish there was more variety, but I think that's the "fault" of the vocalists, not the background track. I definitely think we should make everyone sing to the same track, it's much cooler that way.

really? fault?

are you sure that "singing" intrinsically exhausts more talent and effort?

oh, you're one of those!

haha

really? fault?

are you sure that "singing" intrinsically exhausts more talent and effort?

oh, you're one of those!

haha

Uhm... wow.

Okay, to clarify, I was talking about the mention in the first post of how we may let people use different tracks in future comps. What I was saying was I think using one track is a good idea, even though this comp didn't have a whole lot of variety(as in, it was mostly people rapping). I don't think that's because we're using just one track so much as the vocalists chose to rap. Thus, I don't think having one track per comp limits the variety of music per se, even though that kind of happened here.

bladiator

PostPosted: Thu 12-28-06 5:52 pm Post subject:

I agree with Mustin. Besides, I was able to pick out about 3 of them right away, and a 4th one was mine, so it's probably not a good idea during the voting phase to let that kind of thing out. I'm also paranoid and a picses.

Yeah, I guess. I was just curious, y'know? Not a big deal, though, so if people don't care enough or just don't want their paranoia exacerbated, I'll drop it. :D

lot of thank for extension

file:///a:/música/rolacruz/vorc.mp3

Este es en tu computador. No podemos download lo (no se como se dice "download" en espanol)

Necesitas ponerlo en el red.

Tambien, no lo das a todomundo; solamente a pixietricks. Puedes darlo a pixietricks por e-mail.

(lo siento, no he practicado mi espanol mucho)

i tried imageshakc but it no work

so use rapdishare

http://rapidshare.com/files/9342818/rodrigo.rar.html

Sammy: I made a conscious decision not to post a list of who actually entered, because I don't wanna encourage people to try to mix and match, or "figure it out," per se. No worries, all will be announced in the end!

EDIT:

Hey guys, please remember to include a couple sentences explaining each of your top three choices! I can't count your votes until you do.

Sammy: I made a conscious decision not to post a list of who actually entered, because I don't wanna encourage people to try to mix and match, or "figure it out," per se. No worries, all will be announced in the end!

EDIT:

Hey guys, please remember to include a couple sentences explaining each of your top three choices! I can't count your votes until you do.

:3