OCR03765 - *YES* Bloodborne "The Children of Yharnam"

Gario

Hi ! There is a remix of the Lullaby for Mergo (Bloodborne) for big romantic orchestra. (all with spitfire audio's vst)

I wanted to compose in many styles while maintaining both melodies from the original track, so I tried some orchestral techniques of William Walton and John Williams. I expose the main theme with the harp only then non-fonctionnal harmony helps to stretch it ; I abusively use of melodic cells to do this.

I'm really happy with this remix so I send it to you.

Regards

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Remixer name : Ophanin
User ID : http://ocremix.org/community/user/34572-ophanin/
Game : Bloodborne
Song title : The Children of Yharnam
Original song : Lullaby for Mergo

This is how you orchestrate a simple source!  Heavy use of the original melody, but each time it repeats, it's layered or altered into something completely unique.  Pulling over five minutes out of that simple loop sounds like it would be tricky, but Mathieu makes it sound not only easy but natural.

Production quality is way up there, too.  It's unmistakably artificial, especially the brass, and the attacks on the strings are consistently slow, which causes the quick violin runs to get a smidgen muddy, but I'm nitpicking here.  Overall this is gorgeous.  Let's get it up.

YES

• 4 weeks later...

Not much that I can add in here, the orchestration is very unique and there's a lot of changes in the arrangement to keep things very interesting. Aside from some of the samples being slightly unrealistic I had no issues. This sort of arrangement does border on academic at times and might not be a huge fan-favorite but I loved the creativity here. Nice work and I'd love to hear more from you!

YES

Listened to this a few days ago and forgot to lay down the vote. Short and sweet, nice work. It's indeed sample-sounding orchestration, but it's solid enough vis-a-vis the production standards here and produced in a way where the instruments have body and mitigate the relative stiffness of the sequenced timing. Got a fair bit of mileage and variations out of this theme! Nice work, Mathieu, and cool to have someone also tackle the Souls game like RoeTaKa does.

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to 2017/10/20 - (3Y) Bloodborne 'The Children of Yharnam'
  • 2 months later...

A Bloodborne remix from someone who's not RoeTaKa?  well I'll be.

Pretty good too, a very different style and honestly a breath of fresh air, this has a bit of an Elfman vibe: Gothic, dark but playful, a contrast to the super dark tones of the other bloodborne remixes we have published.  The original is a very simplistic tune, with barely any instruments, so that you took this and built an entire arrangement to go with it is pretty impressive.  The production is good as well, with the artificial nature of the instruments only becoming more apparent for me during the brass sections. Honestly a no-brainer for our front page, and one of the orchestral remixes I've enjoyed the most here due to the arrangement style.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2017/10/20 - *YES - TAG* Bloodborne 'The Children of Yharnam'
  • Liontamer locked this topic