Sonic Advance 3 Staff Roll

A WIP of this remix, originally this was a jazz quartet version, but it was getting dated (and albeit not that good) Now, a jazz trio + hip hop elements, this melody is fantastic. Use of block chords in the beginning, followed by some close voiced chord movement by the second chorus. Going to work the arrangement into a solo section and then back to the head.

Source:

ReMix:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18kM3VNO95O9thg0ZtiIME1_phX1xhzh2/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by Ridiculously Garrett
Reworked track

I'm a huge Sonic fan but I've never played any of the Advance series so I'm not familiar with the music. I'm always down for some jazz though. The timing didn't bother me at all actually. This is pretty smooth. I think you have room for a lot of improvisation and different instruments if you want. As it is right now, the track is pretty open and much of it sounds more like accompaniment. Since you're still working on it, you can always flesh it out. I honestly didn't even know what a melodica was until I looked it up. I definitely want to hear what that would sound like if you decide to update this thread later on or something. Good start.

Yeah that whole open section I'm gonna get into the studio and record some melodica. I might go back in and flesh out the piano part a little bit. Some parts I'm happy with, but others not so much. Thanks for the feedback. :-D

EDIT: I'll probably add some tritone stuff and some passing chords as well, especially during the chorus.