Twitch for VG remixes??

HoboKa

Do you guys think that Twitch might be a better venue for sharing VG remixes these days?  YT doesn't exactly seem very user-friendly to newer video posters these days... I seem to remember in 2009 (when I posted 3 VG-Remix vids), I got roughly 700 views in a matter of weeks, which is still small peas...but nowadays I get like what, 12 views...??  I used all the proper tags and categorize my vids properly...you'd think that with popular videogame franchises, people would be viewing in droves. 

TL ; DR, I circle back to my main point, is Twitch a good venue for sharing your pre-recorded VG-remixes?  And does it anyone use Twitch for that end?

This is something I've actually been putting a bit of thought into in recent months; just regarding music in general.

I don't think Twitch would be a good option given its niche, but there definitely needs to be a video or music streaming service that makes it possible for people to actually have their stuff heard.

Soundcloud USED to be the best, but ever since they removed groups (for SOME fucking reason) it's easily just as tough as getting anything out there on YouTube, which used to be "by creators" and is now "bye creators".

Came to the same conclusions regarding YT.  Got conned by Vimeo, but thankfully my credit card company has secured a refund from them.  Not a whole lot of options beyond YT, hence why Twitch has looked very shiny to me.  Might give it a shot :D ...also, to anyone thinking of starting up in YT...DON'T GET INVOLVED IN POLITICS.  They'll sensor your account in the shadiest ways possible without even informing you.  I had to contact them several times just to make my comments re-appear to the public eye.  As for getting my videos on ANY public stream.  Good luck.  So use me as a cautionary tale people :P For many things.  Yeah, just burnt myself.  

On 2/27/2018 at 11:36 PM, HoboKa said:

...also, to anyone thinking of starting up in YT...DON'T GET INVOLVED IN POLITICS.  They'll sensor your account in the shadiest ways possible without even informing you.  I had to contact them several times just to make my comments re-appear to the public eye.

Yeah, that's very true; 2017 there was a pretty hardcore blacklist going down for all political channels on YT (right-wing, left-wing, didn't matter). We're hitting a point where the downside of the combination of absolute free speech and insanely fast information delivery combines (bad info spreads fast and is nearly impossible to correct), and the tools anyone has will both be inadequate AND it hurts more honest actors talking about politics.

Not a politics thread/post, but to your point the YT politics blacklist is a real thing, done in response to the whole "Nazis-are-getting-our-ads" fiasco of yesteryear. If you're not dedicated to politics it's a good idea not to make political videos on your channel. Perhaps make two channels if you're into that kind of thing?

Best of luck on your endeavor of streaming your music profitably.

8 hours ago, Gario said:

Yeah, that's very true; 2017 there was a pretty hardcore blacklist going down for all political channels on YT (right-wing, left-wing, didn't matter). We're hitting a point where the downside of the combination of absolute free speech and insanely fast information delivery combines (bad info spreads fast and is nearly impossible to correct), and the tools anyone has will both be inadequate AND it hurts more honest actors talking about politics.

Not a politics thread/post, but to your point the YT politics blacklist is a real thing, done in response to the whole "Nazis-are-getting-our-ads" fiasco of yesteryear. If you're not dedicated to politics it's a good idea not to make political videos on your channel. Perhaps make two channels if you're into that kind of thing?

Best of luck on your endeavor of streaming your music profitably.

Yeah, that seems to be the best strategy - should really partition your interests and focus only on one thing per channel.  Also, I had a close friend suggest that I change my IP and make a new Google Acc if I wish to pursue YT any further.  Kinda don't, but it's an option.

edit) there has to be some compromise for the whole free speech thing.  Some kind of middle ground.  There should be more work on modding discussions regarding legitimate harassment and not trivializing the term, for the sake of fitting some kind of political narrative/agenda.