OCR00022 - Legend of Zelda "Rabbit Joint Cover"

no1 has managed to prove either band is the true artist or not so everybody should stop acting like they know for sure. . .im a hardcore soad fan and i dont go around saying "yep definitely my band that done it"

btw if u havent heard of system of a down u need to get out more. . .everybodys heard of them. . .damn u

no1 has managed to prove either band is the true artist or not so everybody should stop acting like they know for sure. . .im a hardcore soad fan and i dont go around saying "yep definitely my band that done it"

btw if u havent heard of system of a down u need to get out more. . .everybodys heard of them. . .damn u

WHAT A PROMISING FUTURE I SEE FOR YOU YOUNG MAN

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, OCremix has this Song!!!! Yeah!

I remember, surfing the internet one day,

I searched for Zelda tunes, curious in a way.

And as I searched, I stumbled on,

A web page with lyrics to a song.

Rabbit Joint, the page said.

A weird name, I know, and I shook my head.

I read the lyrics, Link, he come to town

And on my face, protruded a frown.

I need to hear this! I yelled aloud.

Unfortunatly, finding it was like walking on a cloud.

No luck... till one day,

I visited a friend, who as doing okay.

He turned on a CD... and Rabbit Joint he played!

Zelda... Alas! He had made my day.

I asked him to copy it for me... but he told me no!

And I tried to hurt him,

And step on his toe.

Until finally he gave in,

Copied it for me....

And so I went home, smiling with glee!

Ever since, I listen to that song,

and think to myself... nothing could go wrong.

It is the best song ever,

And always will be.... Yeah.

Wow, OCremix has this Song!!!! Yeah!

I remember, surfing the internet one day,

I searched for Zelda tunes, curious in a way.

And as I searched, I stumbled on,

A web page with lyrics to a song.

Rabbit Joint, the page said.

A weird name, I know, and I shook my head.

I read the lyrics, Link, he come to town

And on my face, protruded a frown.

I need to hear this! I yelled aloud.

Unfortunatly, finding it was like walking on a cloud.

No luck... till one day,

I visited a friend, who as doing okay.

He turned on a CD... and Rabbit Joint he played!

Zelda... Alas! He had made my day.

I asked him to copy it for me... but he told me no!

And I tried to hurt him,

And step on his toe.

Until finally he gave in,

Copied it for me....

And so I went home, smiling with glee!

Ever since, I listen to that song,

and think to myself... nothing could go wrong.

It is the best song ever,

And always will be.... Yeah.

/clap

• 5 weeks later...

The thing is, we DO know that it was the Rabbit Joint. The song was posted here first, and then it started floating around on Kazaa when people mislabelled it. That's why people THINK it's by System of a Down, but it really isn't. Hardcore SoaD fans have verified this for us. People have gone to SoaD fansites and done the research, etc etc.

Drop the subject.

The thing is, we DO know that it was the Rabbit Joint. The song was posted here first, and then it started floating around on Kazaa when people mislabelled it. That's why people THINK it's by System of a Down, but it really isn't. Hardcore SoaD fans have verified this for us. People have gone to SoaD fansites and done the research, etc etc.

Drop the subject.

Did you ever figure that that person was just an alt account made to piss people off?

Drop the subject.

Did you ever figure that that person was just an alt account made to piss people off?

It's not an alt; in any case, this isn't the place to discuss that kind of thing.

• 1 month later...

How can people seriously beleive it was by SoaD... That's kind of harsh...

The guy who sings it is some kind of hispanic... Nobody in SoaD is hispanic from what I know...

Hell I'm pretty sure the lead singer Serj is... Brown or something... I don't know.. He confuses me.

But I DO know that he does NOT sound like the guy who sang this song. At all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Can you please send me the words to that Zelda song - we have figured out the first verse but cannot understand the second.

Thanks much - I have a 7 year old that loves it and I was a zelda freak back in the 80s and still play

THanks

Dan

Oh man, I remember the first time my friend downloaded this off of Napster. Is think it was about 2 years ago. I memorized the words and even tried to convince my friends what he was really saying in the song.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hey you guyz now this is a SOAD song rite? imean com on!! its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pbious to any1 with a brian.

Yes, even after all this time, there are still people that belive SoaD did this.

http://www.imeem.com/people/4q8QRV/music/dxl5vlA7/system_of_a_down_legend_of_zelda_funny_link_theme/

Good god, how are people still pushing this. Isn't there a statute of limitations for false info or something?

hey you guyz now this is a SOAD song rite? imean com on!! its sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pbious to any1 with a brian.

Yes, even after all this time, there are still people that belive SoaD did this.

http://www.imeem.com/people/4q8QRV/music/dxl5vlA7/system_of_a_down_legend_of_zelda_funny_link_theme/

Good god, how are people still pushing this. Isn't there a statute of limitations for false info or something?

I say let it be. Its too late to convince people otherwise now.

Besides, its not like its hurt the popularity of the track :D

BTW, this is awesome.

• 11 months later...

Pretty overrated if you ask me, but it's gone gangbusters globally and benefited the site immensely, which is very cool.

I can see where the comparisons to Serj Tankian come from; the falsetto harmonies, quirky shaping and grizzled yelling are signature for the System of a Down singer, but I'm pretty sure that's where the similarities end. As far as production quality, this doesn't even come close to a SoaD soundtest.

As a bit of music, I would never select this as an important piece. But from a historical perspecitve, it's a very crucial, very significant monument for the site. A lot of people, including myself, should be indebted to it, but that doesn't mean I have to praise the music itself. It's nothing more than some slapped together lyrics jammed over a barebones, straightforward cover of the Zelda theme. No magic to speak of for me.

• 1 month later...
Pretty overrated if you ask me, but it's gone gangbusters globally and benefited the site immensely, which is very cool.

I can see where the comparisons to Serj Tankian come from; the falsetto harmonies, quirky shaping and grizzled yelling are signature for the System of a Down singer, but I'm pretty sure that's where the similarities end. As far as production quality, this doesn't even come close to a SoaD soundtest.

As a bit of music, I would never select this as an important piece. But from a historical perspecitve, it's a very crucial, very significant monument for the site. A lot of people, including myself, should be indebted to it, but that doesn't mean I have to praise the music itself. It's nothing more than some slapped together lyrics jammed over a barebones, straightforward cover of the Zelda theme. No magic to speak of for me.

It's a good thing no one is asking you, then. Sounds like you're just jealous. At any rate, it's a fun, energetic rendition of the song that became famous because it's good. Congratz to Rabbit Joint.

• 4 weeks later...

This is probably "technically" the first OCRemix I've ever heard... of course I listened to it long before I ever knew about this site :-P I remember hearing this and passing it around to all my friends in middle school and watching their amazement at how "System of a Down cares about video games!" and whatnot. How innocent I once was... :tomatoface:

This is a classic though :-) Glad to finally hear where it really came from!

As such is the case with many before me, this was my "first" ReMix ever heard, although I didn't know it at the time. Cool to hear it again after however many years it's been, though. Somewhat interesting that Zelda's title theme has given birth to such gems as this (see also: "The Music of My Groin" :-P).

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00022 - Legend of Zelda "Rabbit Joint Cover"