OCR00022 - Legend of Zelda "Rabbit Joint Cover"

Someone (Rabbit Joint?), somewhere, did an extended version of this song, with verses about fighting big bats in dungeons and getting the owl to help him out of the Lost Woods. Does that version exist, aside from having its lyrics posted once on one forum?

• 3 months later...

Ok correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Weird Al do a cover/spoof/parody of this song?

I see the whole discussion about it not being a System song, but it doesn't bother me either way.

I think it would be hysterical if Weird Al did indeed parody it, since it wan't a mainstream artist that wrote it. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hahaha, I can't believe how many people on other sites still think this is by either SoaD or Weird Al. To be fair, in some places it kinda does sound like SoaD I suppose, but the Weird Al thing, I don't hear it myself. Either way, it's a nice little tune that probably benefitted from the false label anyway by being heard by non-OCR folks, so it's a bit of a win/loss and then win again. The song is great itself and even though it's a bit too short, it's a great little bite sized ReMix.

• 1 year later...

It's funny. Back in the day I, like many people, thought this was SOAD. Singer does sound like Serj Tankian, or at least the manic energy and weird inflections of Serj. Nowadays it's transparently obvious that the production quality is nowhere in the league of SOAD. Plus the music doesn't sound anything like them. Yet back in the day I desperately wanted to believe that SOAD was cool enough to do a Zelda cover.

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Ahhhhh probably one of a few songs I heard before discovering OCReMix. Probably true of a lot of people. I think it was in some Newgrounds animation? I think I remember it being a really bad sprite animation.

Call me strange but this is one of my favorite ReMixes with vocals. Maybe because it doesn't take itself seriously at all (and does sound EERILY like Serj Tankian in some parts). And the instrumentation is really fun even if it's not the best quality. Not much else to say, gonna echo the 'short but sweet' sentiment.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00022 - Legend of Zelda "Rabbit Joint Cover"
  • 7 years later...

This mix more than any other on the site is a time capsule of a specific time, place, and culture. It's infamous not for the actual music, which is fine, but because to this day I am still encountering people who think System of a Down did a Zelda cover at some point, all because this music was labelled that way and spread around on Napster and Kazaa. This is a living artifact of a bygone world. This site has been around a really, really long time.

• 3 months later...