Are any of my old friends still alive?

Blaster Atoms

On 3/26/2018 at 4:27 PM, Gario said:

Radical Dreamer is now known as The Author, though he isn't too consistent a presence anymore either. He DID direct a really cool FFX "Hurry" remix album where only one source was arranged many times (which both Darkesword and myself participated in), but I think the loss of his old towering post count (from +30,000 to <5,000 - more than even Atomicdog) may have been too devastating a loss for him on here. Ah well, he was pretty active for a long time, anyway.

Honnestly, I kinda got bored. I don't listen to ReMixes anymore, and well, I guess I just moved on. I kinda gave up when I posted two pictures of tattoos in one page in a thread when there was a year between them. 

• 2 weeks later...

I remember UnMod, and I remember a few of these names. I don't know how many here actually remember me, but I spent about a year really active on OCR, circa 2003. I eventually migrated over to OneUp Studios, which was my online home for many years (I also went to more OUS gatherings than I can remember) before it too died off. These days, most of my online interactions happen on Facebook or, occasionally, Twitter. I miss old-school message boards, though, and I pop up here occasionally.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 3:07 AM, The Author said:

Honnestly, I kinda got bored. I don't listen to ReMixes anymore, and well, I guess I just moved on. I kinda gave up when I posted two pictures of tattoos in one page in a thread when there was a year between them. 

Remember a time when The Author had the highest post count on the OverClocked Remix Forums? Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

I Made an account just to reply to this thread. I dont know what happened to OCR and the infamous stuff, i disappeared to find my own path, nor do i know what happened to my account. Worked with Ambient, Disco Dan, JRobson, Papa Monkey (Children of the Monkey Machine) back then...the aspiring 13 y/o composer trying to find the right genre

Came back to visit because Youtube reminded me of the old days. 

On 6/11/2018 at 9:59 AM, Ybrik Metaknight said:

I remember UnMod, and I remember a few of these names. I don't know how many here actually remember me, but I spent about a year really active on OCR, circa 2003.....

I remember you Metaknight and Neko. 

This mythical 'UnMod' forum seems like it was a really happening place. Every time I see long-time members reminiscing, that forum always seems to be at least mentioned.

12 hours ago, Meteo Xavier said:

It seems that people don't really leave Ocremix, they just keep stalking around until someone makes a reunion thread.

I've seen this phenomenon in other places I've frequented. I'd like to study it some more.

I've noticed this too. I wonder if OCR has any statistics on that?

• 1 month later...

by the way, there is some legit catching-up I'd like to do: did Arek the Red (I think that was his name) ever pass away? Announcing his death was a common thing, didn't know if he was ill IRL for real or not.

and was it mitaro who passed away? there was a teenager who died of meningitis in '04 or '05, I still think of him from time to time. RIP.