Grandma Kraid

IJP290

What format is your song currently in? There are a lot of programs out there that will convert formats for you, many of them for free. Also, you might want to try having www.soundclick.com host it for you. You can set up a free account and add songs to your "band" there. At least that way you could link to it from here so others can critique it.

IJP, midi is not the format you'd want to be sending your songs to others. I'm definitely no expert, but it's more akin to sending their computer the sheet music for your song rather than the actual finished piece. I think it would be helpful to visit the remixing forum for some tutorials and other helpful links to learn some of the basics around remixing:

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=7

For a much better explanation than mine of what MIDI is, see the bottom post on

http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95471&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

1. This is midi.

2. This is all just a jumbled mess.

3. This is very choppy, like there is no rhythem. The timing is way off.

I dont know what else to say. It sounds like you tried to play this on a midi keyboard, but you didnt really know how to play the song all that well. If this was written and exported to midi, then wow, you really have no sense of rhythem or timing.

well, on the part with the most notable mistake, i recorded separately. I'm not a pro (I'm only piano level 3B), if you can't tell the rhythm, then your tone def, if you can't give constructive critisizm, then you might as well not post. people need to learn to say the positive things, then you can tell me how to fix it. oh, and this was a 5000 dollar synth, not a stupid 20 dollar keyboard. i played this as a trial for my new "toy". deal with it.

OK, so here's some constructive criticism:

Midi is not a good format for posting remixes. It's going to sound different to users depending on their system. The best use of midi is to import it to your computer and then assign synths and effects to it. If you want to use your keyboard for the synths and sounds it can make, you need to use audio imputs instead of midi.

So for the song itself, a lot of the timing is off for the underlying sound as well as the lead. It's especially noticable when you change sections from one part of the song to another. I'd recommend practicing parts you plan on playing live so you can smoothly transition. Also, a metronome would probably be a worthwhile investment if your synth doesn't have one built in.

As far as this qualifying as a remix, you only have a single sound playing for the entire song. You need to first decide what type of style or genre you're aiming for. Then, flesh out the song with different instruments, effects and so on.

well, on the part with the most notable mistake, i recorded separately. I'm not a pro (I'm only piano level 3B), if you can't tell the rhythm, then your tone def, if you can't give constructive critisizm, then you might as well not post. people need to learn to say the positive things, then you can tell me how to fix it. oh, and this was a 5000 dollar synth, not a stupid 20 dollar keyboard. i played this as a trial for my new "toy". deal with it.

What does rhythem have to do with being tone def?

Your rhythem is completley off. Its so choppy. The timing is WAY off through most of the song.

Positive things? That would imply that there is something positive here, which there isnt. Your piano skills are lacking, you have no sense of rhythem and timing, and its all in MIDI. I dont care how much you payed for it, if your recording in midi, its going to sound like midi. If your synth is so good, record it with a microphone. Thats the only way your going to get good sounds. Midi is Midi, doesnt matter if its a $20 keyboard or a $5000 keyboard. Its the same midi.

A great keyboard doesnt make up for bad playing. A great keyboard doesnt make up for a bland composition.

i bought the thing for my own enjoyment, i did this for fun. my friends like it, they think i'm great. so why should you think i suck. what remix's have you made? and i know i'm not that good, i've only been playing for 3 years. here's some critisizm for you. get a life! i have one, i got supportive friends, a great synth, 3 girls chasing me, and a reputation as an author. midi is my synths primary recording, i dout that using a mic, or even a converter would change the sound. my computer cant run a sound editing program, although i'm thinking of getting a new one soon.