Brinstar Trance (Demo) and more

Ronald Poe

This is an attempted Trance remix of "Brinstar" (Metroid) for a contest. I tried to give the original  an update my way (I have a rather unique style). After the contest I redid it and think it turned out good. Tell me what you guys think. Enjoy

Track

Here's a couple original pieces of mine

• 2 weeks later...

Whether it's a trance or not, I quite like your beat for the classic and beloved Brinstar. The deep and insistent pulse creates the feeling of being encased by tons of earth while traversing endless alien labyrinths. It does get a little mushy, though, as it goes on. The timbre's are pretty nice, but something about them makes it feel like the song is slowly going through a blender. Which is cool, but I think that it needs a little work to be crisper. You've got a good basis for something very interesting here.

• 5 months later...

I'm a sucker for metroid music. This makes me think of plodding through a soggy underground cavern with disco-coloured fungi swaying back and forth. Dunno why, that's the mental image. During the second parts of Brinstar, the bass felt a tad... off. It was nice and consistent bass, definitely gave a different feel to the song. And dare I say you kept a consistent time metering? The original changed a bit if I recall. It's a unique sound to a classic song, great job on that!