Fl studio

@PRYZM You do what works for you; I just wanted to present what I find to be the most useful features in FL. Also, I just find the Parametric EQ 2 visualizer to be intuitive. I haven't been able to get used to other visualizers that I *have* tried, like FabFilter Pro-Q and TDR Nova. I still use them, but I always go back to Parametric EQ 2 as my main.

@timaeus222

Yeah, I've tried FL Studio some time ago because a friend of a friend wanted to talk to me about music production and he brought his FL studio on his notebook to me.

But after some hours I didn't want to work with this program anymore and I showed him some production stuff on my DAW. After 10 years of working with FL Studio (!!!) he couldn't even tell me how to set up a normal MIDI track layer with the standard piano roll (because he just worked with that annoying pattern system all the time) - and I was really pissed off to look up all the stuff separately because I wasn't able to get into that program just by intuitive searching and exploring.

And then I was like: "Never FL Studio again - if the game already starts like this you probably won't see the best ending."

Even in those days back then when I was starting with music theory and music production I got pretty easy into DAWs like Cubase without too big knowledge about Digital Audio Workstations - just by intuition within a few minutes/hours I could set up some basic MIDI stuff.
...compared to FL Studio where I couldn't get in just by intuition after many hours and after working with my own DAW for over 4 years now.

But if you are already used to the program and got all the necessary 3rd-party VST plugins, synthesizers and VSTIs you need for music production just keep with this program.
Because in the end your skills and passion as a composer are often much more important that getting the very very best DAW with the best all-inclusive-high-end equipment on planet earth.

But for newcomers I would recommend other DAWs like Cubase, Reason, Ableton - or my DAW Samplitude Pro X3 Suite.

Although it's not that massively advertised in the music production mainstream media it's by far one of the best DAWs with the most comprehensive features, functions and equipment for professional music production out there.

Just have a look at it and compare (contains main features of the Samplitude Pro X(1) series):
>>>

Here you have some informations about the latest Pro X3 (Suite) version:
>>> https://www.magix.com/gb/music/samplitude/music-production-composition/#c711245
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC2udZIzf5o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

my new favorite sequenza! things are coming together and finally will i be encouraged to do some weird signatures. cheers to gol BOUT DAMN TIME now for some easy color mods to tweak the grey, should b easy with the vector stuff now, right...? is it already possible and i missed it??

but rly i love this version and the last one, everything is better now! the old pattern blocks legacy workarounds are no longer missed. time signatures do seem a little convoluted with the piano roll still displaying 4 4 when you go like 7 8 and only the playlist reflecting that change, am i missing something? it still is an improvement.

cheers to 20 years of FL or 14 for me. cheers to the program that made me discover you can do more than shitty midis on a computer.

they can stop updating now...or i will.

7 hours ago, Nase said:

but rly i love this version and the last one, everything is better now! the old pattern blocks legacy workarounds are no longer missed. time signatures do seem a little convoluted with the piano roll still displaying 4 4 when you go like 7 8 and only the playlist reflecting that change, am i missing something? it still is an improvement.

The playlist and piano roll actually allow separate time signatures, but they can be matched up by clicking the upper-left triangle on the pattern itself and going to "Use current time signature from > playlist to pattern" to use the playlist time signature for the pattern, or "pattern to playlist to use the pattern time signature for the playlist.

I assume it was done this way so you can subdivide measures how you want; for instance, 4/4 then 3/4 pattern time signature within a 7/4 playlist time signature.