[FF7 - Halo] Aerith's Theme + Bonus Ending from Halo theme (Orchestral mix)

BloomingLate

Hello again :)

Here is another WIP for a remix I'm working on. I'm trying to create a medley comprised of tracks that feature a certain pattern of notes and have similar chords. I had the following in mind:

1. Aerith's Theme (FF7)
2. Halo theme - bonus ending (see video at end of post)
3. Mermaid theme from Donkey Kong 64
4. A track from Xenoblade titled "Thoughts to a friend"

The status of this track is that most of the FF7 part is done. There is a notable drop of instruments near 1:10, which is where I last quit. The Halo part is probably 50% done. I need to work on the ending/transition to the next part, which is tricky because I have to go from 3/4 time to 4/4 time. Part of the mermaid theme is already in there at the end, but I haven't done any original work on that yet. It just sits there as a placeholder.

I could use some feedback on the transition parts and the overall composition. I've used MuseScore 2 with some fancy soundfonts, but it will probably need to move to FL Studio eventually for more control over channels and humanization.

I'm also taking suggestions for a more fitting title :)

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/user-227517766/the-day-gamers-lost-their-girlfriend-wip

Sources:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIqKWLkm2-g

The bonus part starts at 3:20

Edited by BloomingLate
added missing title

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Light_of_Aether said:

Sounds good so far! I'm looking forward to when it's completed. I like your idea of combining themes with similar notes and chords. Maybe you could try adding pieces of each theme to the other themes? 

That's a good idea! Just having one theme follow up on the other might not be as interesting. I really hope I'll be able to finish this at some point; it is quite a challenge to weave together the parts.