OCR03719 - Mass Effect "One Small Step"

Liontamer

Wow!! This is really unique and awesome - I love the fact that all this emotion and feel is packed into a song that basically has less than 20 words of lyrics. It lets the words become almost another instrument, one with dark undercurrents but an ultimate destination, like a dangerous journey through space that still has a steady eye on a distant star. SUPER props for the walkdown at the end - a perfect way to ease out.

Special, distinct, unique. This remix crushed it!

To me the brilliance of this arrangement is that when you start listening to it, it's like there's this lengthy intro and you (or at least I) expect it to kick into a verse-chorus-verse kind of rock deal ... and it doesn't. Instead it explores some fresh territory. It feels like one of those less conventional album tracks on a rock album.

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...

Forgive me if this comes across as Devsman thinks this comment section is his personal blog, but I think this is worth sharing.

About eight months ago, I was listening to this, and asked myself, why am I still here? So I posted the comment above to let the remixers know it had made me think.

To provide context, I was an engineer by degree but never managed to get a real engineering job. They just didn't happen where I lived. I was nine years into constantly getting my foot in the door, getting experience in a kinda-sorta-related industry, and more or less just losing hope of ever landing the job I wanted.

So to be asked why are you still here was like a movie character making eye contact. Of course I knew why--my dream job just didn't happen where I lived.

But I thought, you know what, that's not insurmountable. I'll do something crazy for once, just for kicks. I actually applied in the next city over, got an offer, and even convinced my family that we should accept and make the move.

Eight months ago, little kid Devsman would have been ashamed of my job. Today, he would say "you do what?! That's freaking awesome!!!"

So thank you, remixers, for the wake up call. And to everyone else:

Your fate is in the stars. Why are you still here?

Edited by Devsman
Remixers, not remixer

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2021 at 7:46 PM, Devsman said:

Forgive me if this comes across as Devsman thinks this comment section is his personal blog, but I think this is worth sharing.

About eight months ago, I was listening to this, and asked myself, why am I still here? So I posted the comment above to let the remixers know it had made me think.

To provide context, I was an engineer by degree but never managed to get a real engineering job. They just didn't happen where I lived. I was nine years into constantly getting my foot in the door, getting experience in a kinda-sorta-related industry, and more or less just losing hope of ever landing the job I wanted.

So to be asked why are you still here was like a movie character making eye contact. Of course I knew why--my dream job just didn't happen where I lived.

But I thought, you know what, that's not insurmountable. I'll do something crazy for once, just for kicks. I actually applied in the next city over, got an offer, and even convinced my family that we should accept and make the move.

Eight months ago, little kid Devsman would have been ashamed of my job. Today, he would say "you do what?! That's freaking awesome!!!"

So thank you, remixers, for the wake up call. And to everyone else:

Your fate is in the stars. Why are you still here?

What a saga from the previous post to this. I try to put something authentic into our work and I'm humbled that it connected with you.

Go forth and find your way, friend.

Edited by SuprMelO