Forever Rachel

Audiomancer

An extremely rough first draft. I'm playing the flute...but I don't have a mic right now, so I recorded my playing with a cell phone, and it shows. Wow, it sure sounds different on SoundCloud, the EQ is even more harsh. Oh well, it's a work in progress, after all:-D

Edit 4-29-18 Redid this with a cheap mic I found laying around the house. Sounds a little better, I think. I'm going to redo this at some point this coming week if I have the time, the performance here has some rough spots.

I took another shot at this. The bottom one of my original post is my most recent version. There's a couple notes I can't get to sound exactly how I want. They're supposed to be dissonant against the oboe countermelody..but every take it's just not quite right..and it's the same notes every time:) They're at 0:35 and 0:55. I've adjusted my pitch both ways on the notes in question, always sounds "off". I'm putting this take up because thunder struck nearby while I was recording towards the end, and it almost sounds like it was on purpose.