"Hey Saria, There's a Fiesta Down in Kokiri Forest" - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Kokiri Forest Latin Jazz ReMix

Here's a remix I am working on of the Kokiri Forest theme from Ocarina of Time. I just had an itching for some latin music. I know the arrangement is quite liberal, but I think it flows well enough. Enjoy the mix!

ReMix Edit #1:

"Hey Saria, There's a Fiesta Down in Kokiri Forest"

ReMix Edit #2: 

"Hey Saria, There's a Fiesta Down in Kokiri Forest 2.0"

Remix Edit #3 (MOST RECENT):

"Hey Saria, There's a Fiesta Down in Kokiri Forest"

Final Bounce???:

"Hey Saria, There's a Fiesta Down in Kokiri Forest (Final)"

Source Tune:

Pleased to say I'm working with @Bowlerhat for some live flute on this track! Gonna be great.

This is a very amazing remix. I don't even like the original that much, but you made it very, very pleasing to listen too. I downloaded it since the link gave the option (I hope that's okay), but the file was an incredible 61.2 megabytes! Is it possible to get a download that's under or around 10 megabytes? I hope that's not asking too much. To reiterate though, this was one of the most amazing mixes I've heard in a while. This is definitely front page worthy to me. Thank you very much for sharing your work. It was a treat.

Thank you for these kind words! I really went with what was vibing with me that day, and I'll agree, this project is my pinnacle of mixing for sure. The wav is quite large. Here's an m4a, much smaller and not at all too much to ask.

I don't mind anyone downloading this stuff. 

"Hey Saria, There's a Fiesta Down in Kokiri Forest" REDUCED SIZE

Stay tuned for updates! It may very well be asked for a resubmit and then I'll have to edit it even more, which means it could have the potential of getting even better. :)

Really like this, and is that a little bit of the "Link sneaking around" music I hear, too? Anyway, yeah, the mixing I quite like, although as a bass player, maybe your velocities during the bass solo could be given a tiny bit of variety? Like mix in a couple quieter notes as well if you wanna go for full-on realism. Otherwise the sounds are all very good. Crispy woodblock, and that wacky distorted organ has a great tone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 3:05 PM, Smooth4lyfe1987 said:

This needs to be in the new Zelda game! Kokiri Party! Love the style of this. My only thing is that it seems a bit repetitive in the beginning, I think the beginning is too long. Other than that great job!

Thanks for your criticism! With @Bowlerhat's live flute, there will be enough variety to make it sound more interesting and less, "Okay, I dig this groove, but what's hot here?"

Glad you enjoy it!