New Song - Relaxing countryside

TTT

So, to start I can tell that these are not real instruments, but that's not necessarily a problem. There are some things you can do to make it sound less mechanical. I think there's a lot to work with here. For starters, the guitar seems very touch and go. In this composition, it's doing some arpeggio stuff on each bar, but none of the notes are sustaining. Think about how a guitar works - when you pluck a string it sustains until you mute it with your hand. If you can make it so the guitar sustains more, it'll sound so much more realistic. All the strings are affected too, they just kind of start and then stop - there's just a lot of empty space.  Empty space in a piece isn't a bad thing, but you don't want it to sound like everything is just being cut off all at once. With the string samples there is probably a knob to increase the release of the sound. When you turn that knob, you're basically just telling the program how long you want the sound to fade out for, and right now it sounds like the release is at 0. In addition, you can use reverb to give the arrangement some space to it, make it sound more like the instruments are being played in a room.

I think there's a lot of potential here, and any of the issues there are is nothing that is unworkable or unfixable, just try learn at least one or two things with each new project and you'll be on your way! Keep playing around with this stuff.

Gosh thank you! Yes definately not real instruments.  I only play piano and guitar. But my guitar's at my Dad's house so for now I'm just stuck wih the keys. I've previously just been using piano and synth sounds, only recently have I been trying to make accoustic instrument sounds with samples. 

I didn't consider the sustaining of the guitar, you would have be a great player to be muting like I am there lol. I also need to work on the strings more. I'll start with trying to increase the release and try out some different articulations in certain parts. 

I'll post some more here in future and give others a listen to see if there is any way I can help.