OCR03723 - Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons "Seeds in the Frost"

I'm slowly playing through Oracle of Seasons for the first time - I haven't made it this far in the game, but it feels like I recognize the vibe. I tremendously enjoy the unusual acoustic small ensemble. I like the flute bends, though the one at 0:19 feels like an off-key note unless I'm listening very carefully (I mean, I don't really hear the bend very well as it is masked by another note).

To comment on the comments about structure, personally I quite often like to-the-point structures that pack their punch, or even ones that feel deliberately "incomplete". In this case.. the arrangement is short enough that it does not need a break for the listener inside it. No intro nor outro either to ease you in or out, it just delivers direct from start to finish. The ending is abrupt, but to me it leaves behind a sense of wondering.

Track like this often works in a larger context, where this piece, what comes before, and what comes after, make for a greater than the sum of their parts. For me this track is fine on its own - you can add your own silence before and after, but it probably does not work that well in a random or not-carefully-selected playlist or stream.

• 1 month later...

How interesting that I get a pretty heavy Secret of Mana vibe from this mix! Maybe it's just Rebecca's usual style shining through; her mixes always lend themselves to the same feel that Kikuta's two Seiken Densetsu soundtracks often had for me. 

At any rate, this is some very enjoyable treatment of a relatively obscure Zelda piece. Nice Work!