Descrescendo 2

Inimitable 3

Necrotic 40

Ninja-san 21

RocketJess 23

TLG 18

Vilecat 16

Leokef 5

A new theme has been selected. I will create the new thread tomorrow.

----------------------------------------

Here are the entries (mine is the best).

PM me your top three choices (listed in order) by Thursday night at midnight.

Atmuh

Decrescendo

Inimitable

Necrotic

Ninja-san

RocketJess

The Lone Gunman

Vilecat

late entry but whatever (people who voted stay as voting for who they already did) - leokef

All entries can be seen side by side and tagged (correctly i think) here.

Once again MiamiGuy is awesome.

---------------------------------------

Welcome to the December edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC). Where artists fight to the death for your amusement.

Last month had an nice turn out, with a total of 10 entries and a total of 34 votes. Last month's theme was FINAL FANTASY VI. and was won by Electronic Samurai. For final results of last months compo click here.

All previous contest entries can be found here. Thanks to MiamiGuy for setting that up and maintaining it.

If your unfamiliar with FAC then please refer to the next post that contains all rules and regulations.

As you know the winner of last months FAC gets the privilege of choosing this month's theme. Electronic Samurai has selected Ico/Shadow of The Colossus. Here's a link to the wikipedia articles if you are unfamiliar with either game:

- Shadow of The Colossus

- Ico

If you need more resources you can always use Google. ;)

This months deadline is:

EXTENDED TO JANUARY 7TH

Alright! Lets get started!

Support this thread by wearing one of these:

fac.png

contestbar3jt11-1.png

Or you can always make your own banner. It is an art competition after all.

I'd actually like some new banners....

This post is designed to help newbs to the competition get to know how things work. If you feel that you don't understand something completely or you think you can improve this post then send me a nice PM. :)

I have decided to basically explain the competition in a question/ answer sorta way.

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition and must be video game related.

What if I don't know much about the theme?

Information resources are provided in the first post of the thread.

Who can submit art?

Anyone

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

OCR of course, the whole community votes on it.

How does voting work?

On the day after the deadline I will make a post that displays all of the art submitted. Then users will be allowed to see every entry and decide which three they like the best, in order. Afterwhich they will send me a PM with their vote and maybe a few comments about the contest. They must do so in the announced voting period. If not then they fail at voting.

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over I will count the results and figure out which peice has the most points. When voting the voter sends in their top three favorite peices. The one they like the most is worth 3 points, the second 2 points and the third 1 point.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you REALLY wanna.

Once the points have been counted I will send a happy PM to the winner that tells them that they one and explains how they are to choose the next months theme. *deep breath* Once I get a PM back I will post the results and artists choice for the next months theme.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No P0rn.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

OK quick request someone make me a badge to wear for this month and post it here? Also Doulifee if you are reading this is there any way you could pm me all the ones you made from last month they were really great and for some reason I forgot to post/use them.

I haven't played either game, but I just watched all the movies and stuff at http://www.shadowofthecolossus.com/ (including a hidden "making of" video), and I must say, I'm very impressed. Not just by the game, but by the website design - very creative stuff.

I think I know what I'm gonna do already. From the last contest, it seems OCR isn't a fan of the sketchy style of some of my entries =[ Well, time for something different then =D

And there don't seem to be any rules about spoilers - how, if at all, will we handle this? Is it acceptable to depict the ending of a game such that it gives too much info to someone who hasn't beaten it? Or are these games old enough already? =p

Anyway, this theme definately looks promising :nicework:

Awesome. I have just one more colossus to kill, but I am sure that I have to kill that voice that talks to you in the end....

I expect to see some amazing pieces of work here.

Are all the winners from the past months save?

If so I think it be cool If after FAC12 we got to vote for the best of the year. Or if we did that this month so it could be a December thing. Just an Idea.

At first, i thought "Wait, SotC and ICO? wtf could be fun to make with that?" And the more i thought about it, the cooler it sounded to me. We could end up with some awesome works <3

Good luck for this month guys, and grats to Samurai who won last round! It was hard to choose, there were some great entries.

Awesome. I have just one more colossus to kill, but *SPOILER? I am sure that I have to kill that voice that talks to you in the end....*

When you get there, make sure not to spoil it even more :wink: Seriously, I'm gonna play that game some day, if it's the last thing I DOoooOOooOooOooOOoooOoOo...!

The voting for a yearly winner seems like it might be interesting. But I can already guess who'd win =p

Well the thing is I don't have D. Radium's winning entry from FAC2 (skies of arcadia) so...yea...
What month was that? Being a fan of SoA, I might have that one saved (there's a pretty decent chance of it). Not knowing the file name though, I can search by file date. Which is why I'd need to know the month... What other entries are missing? Maybe you should start a thread requesting people to submit missing entries. Though, for it to work, you'd have to have a topic that's interesting enough to catch a ton of people's attention. Hopefully someone who checks it would be able to fill some missing slots.

While I might not post in this thread much, I really like the work you guys put into these pieces. Great stuff, really. Sadly I forgot to vote... It looks like it was close enough that my vote *could* have made a tiny difference... I'll try to vote this time around though.

As for spoilers, I'd prefer that they're avoided, as I haven't played the game (I don't own a PS2). That being said, it's a preference. The game is old enough, that chances are it wouldn't be a huge spoiler (I've heard a little about the ending).

Anyway, good luck with the entries. I look forward to this time around (as I usually do). Mouser X out.

Shadow of the Colossus. Awesome pick. I'm looking forward to some good work being posted. If I do post anything, it will be minimalistic in nature, maybe a circle for a head, lines for the body parts and then a giant black rectangle with a question mark to represent one of the colossus...es.. I better stop and not give away any of my priceless ideas!

8O