OHC500 - One Hour Compo Round 500

starla

Back on January 31st 2008, I had no idea OHC would still be running five hundred rounds later. Many of us had joined in several compos over various websites and IRC servers, it was sometimes disappointing to find that you had missed the latest compo or difficult to find out when the next one was. Using ThaSauce's platform, we were able to create OHC - a constant meeting time and place, providing us with that much needed stability. Not only can community members find a constant weekly compo with challenging themes and an instant audience, but others could join in without having to know someone beforehand to "get in," thus removing the exclusivity from such a beneficial exercise. 

If you've ever seen me talk at a ThaSauce panel, you know the passion I feel for OHC brings me to tears. The music we've created together, the memes we've conquered, the interpretations and albums we've seen brought to light has been a journey, to say the least. And to see us reaching the five hundredth iteration is beyond expectations.

For those of you who aren't familiar, OHC is for newbies and veterans alike. It's a place for us all to focus and create for an hour (and twenty minutes), share our creations, learn and grow. I'd love to see faces, old and new, join me in this challenge that is One Hour Compo Round 500 this Thursday, May 10th at 6 PST / 9 EST.

Are you up for the challenge?

http://compo.thasauce.net/compos/view/OHC 

Join us for discussion in #thasauce on irc.esper.net

Love, 

~starla

25 minutes ago, Dextastic said:

Do you have an account on ThaSauce? If not see the PRC threads for how to make one. The compo is here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/rounds/view/OHC500

Wasn't able to participate, unfortunately. Had to make dinner instead :-P

Damn, that's rough.  Well there's always next round I guess... def. gonna miss you this round though :( no homo lol