OCR03730 - Mega Man X & X4 "Rolling"

I love this mix so much, I had to write this post even though DJP said everything that I thought would be worthwhile to say. :)

My favourite part of the remix is that beautiful organ just rocking out the whole way. Everyone needs more organ in their life, dirty jokes aside. :p

This remix needs to be in your collection, pronto.

Man, I've been listening this track a lot since it was released as a part of SFRG. I can actually say that this is the only track from that compo that made it to the top-50 of all tracks on my phone :) It doesn't mean, though, that the other tracks are all much worse, no, that's just how good this particular stuff is! Anyway, really solid collaboration guys! From kicking drums and delicious synths to some serious guitar chops and smooth vocals, every little thing here shines here. You can't just listen to this once and forget about it. One of my personal highlight here, however, is the part at 2:19 - it's like a small sonic rollercoaster with all those interplays between various instruments. Once again, huge thanks for this work, you're a great trio <3

I think Callum put up a particularly solid vocal performance---with good clarity/enunciation, and the mixing by Jorito is overall fairly clean. I also like how the lyrics contain to-be-expected rickrolling references, but not in a forced way. I really dig the intentionally crunchy production, and I appreciate the dedication to fine-tuning this packed soundscape. Eino kinda has a thing for controlled chaos, it seems! Plus, who can deny the swagger in the half-time rhythm? :D

Edited by timaeus222

• 5 years later...