MnP 93: Zelda (Nes) - Labyrinth/Dungeon

HoboKa

30 minutes ago, Zorrakh said:

Congrats Chalis! And great job everyone, I enjoyed listening to all the entries and people's interpretations of such a short theme.

Nice entry too Zorrakh, I know you didn't get much love this round, but it was a killer remix, leastwise :D  EDIT) Also, technically you made more vote points than I did because I merely benefited from that voter-bonus.  If you voted you'd be at 6 points, if that's any small comfort.  Lol.  

And big thanks to everyone who came down to MnP and participated.  Reminds me of the old days when I got 5-6 entries per round on average lolz. 

@HoboKa Thanks! That's on me for not making a mix more faithful to the source tune. I guess I got a little caught up in it and lost sight of the goal. But at least I learned an important lesson AND had fun (which doesn't happen very often).

I am grateful to have a place to do these kinds of exercises, and I've definitely gotten some mileage out of it, so thanks for hosting!

12 hours ago, Zorrakh said:

@HoboKa Thanks! That's on me for not making a mix more faithful to the source tune. I guess I got a little caught up in it and lost sight of the goal. But at least I learned an important lesson AND had fun (which doesn't happen very often).

I am grateful to have a place to do these kinds of exercises, and I've definitely gotten some mileage out of it, so thanks for hosting!

Ehhh...thinking a bit retrospective here.  I'm one vote, you had a ton of competition, besides that.  I would *prefer* more conservative stuff, but I kinda like HAVING participants too.  I apologize if my rules suck ass.  Lol...kind of a double-edged blade on my part.  But I gotta separate myself from PRC somehow :(

*cognitive dissonance make head go boom* - It was a real tough vote and like I said your remix was pretty friggin' good Z.

Yeah Zorrakh's mix was very good but was also very close to the BOTW version of the tune. In my mind it would be mnp if that were the source, but not for this.

A couple of people commented on the production on my piece, which was actually very simple. It was just Superior Drummer (with very static midi values to make it sound more electronic) and then a bunch of Hybrid 3 presets that blended decently to my ear. Very little EQ or saturation otherwise. Oh, and a little bit of chipsounds and electric guitar. Production-wise it was probably the easiest mix I've ever done.

Congrats everyone on some good mixes, and especially Chalis for winning this round! My apologies for not getting in my vote/feedback within the time period. I’ve been away on vacation since Thursday with a group of friends. 

Thanks to everyone who voted for my track, despite it being the least conservative of the group. Lol Had a lot of fun arranging the track, so I’ll probably kick it over to the WIP boards.

30 minutes ago, Starphoenix said:

Congrats everyone on some good mixes, and especially Chalis for winning this round! My apologies for not getting in my vote/feedback within the time period. I’ve been away on vacation since Thursday with a group of friends. 

Thanks to everyone who voted for my track, despite it being the least conservative of the group. Lol Had a lot of fun arranging the track, so I’ll probably kick it over to the WIP boards.

Thanks for participating Star!