Starphoenix

FL Studio 20 now released

15 posts in this topic

TWENTY!? The hell... I'm still on Fl Studio 11 and it's not been outdated THAT long.

I think Image Line forgot how to count..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Meteo Xavier said:

TWENTY!? The hell... I'm still on Fl Studio 11 and it's not been outdated THAT long.

I think Image Line forgot how to count..

This Is the 20th anniversary of FL Studio. The number skip was intentional (albeit jarring).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JARRING ONLY BEGINS TO DESCRIBE IT!

Image Line can kiss my ass until there's nothing left to kiss but a curvy little tailbone! RAWRRRRRRRRRRR!!! >:S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm ecstatic, for literally all of the updates in the video, especially the track bouncing, time sig change, return of the graph editor, and pre-computed effects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ableton Live 10, Reason 10, Studio One 4, and now FL20... good times for DAWs. Happy to see OSX support and all the new features; not my main DAW and probably never will be, but still keepin' tabs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to try it out. I've been away from my true passion for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pleased about the time signature option. I was annoyed when  I imported some MIDI's I made in Anvil only to find everything was rendered in 4/4. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should I upgrade to 20?  Or hold on a bit and wait for them to patch it some more? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, HoboKa said:

Should I upgrade to 20?  Or hold on a bit and wait for them to patch it some more? 

I'd go ahead and take the plunge. My experience with 20 has been mostly bug-free, and I feel the workflow enhancements are worth the upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HoboKa said:

Should I upgrade to 20?  Or hold on a bit and wait for them to patch it some more? 

I would go for it. I think the workflow enhancements are well worth the upgrade, but you'll want to read through the updates to see roughly what of the new stuff is useful for you. https://www.image-line.com/flstudio/history.php

Or the quick version:

FL 20 in 4 minutes / in 15 minutes

FL 12.5 in a minute / in 21 minutes

FL 12.4 in 11 minutes

I don't know where you paused, but in particular I found these notable improvements (and this covers pre-FL-20 to some extent):

  • Per-bar time signature change (you know why!)
  • Live preview of recordings, and ability to consolidate MIDI into bounced WAVs with undo
  • Stretch/compress entire groups of notes using right-Shift and click-dragging from the right-hand side. This can be useful for generating polyrhythms.
  • Mini-playlist preview above piano roll, so you know where you are
  • New Fruity Delay 3 VST (you'll love it!)
  • Link a bunch of channels one each to sequential mixer tracks using Ctrl+Shift+L! Really helps when mixing with stems.
  • Ghost notes (maybe new to you?), great for writing complex harmonies.
  • Vectorial interfaces for certain VSTs
  • etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, timaeus222 said:

I would go for it. I think the workflow enhancements are well worth the upgrade, but you'll want to read through the updates to see roughly what of the new stuff is useful for you. https://www.image-line.com/flstudio/history.php

Or the quick version:

FL 20 in 4 minutes / in 15 minutes

FL 12.5 in a minute / in 21 minutes

FL 12.4 in 11 minutes

I don't know where you paused, but in particular I found these notable improvements (and this covers pre-FL-20 to some extent):

  • Per-bar time signature change (you know why!)
  • Live preview of recordings, and ability to consolidate MIDI into bounced WAVs with undo
  • Stretch/compress entire groups of notes using right-Shift and click-dragging from the right-hand side. This can be useful for generating polyrhythms.
  • Mini-playlist preview above piano roll, so you know where you are
  • New Fruity Delay 3 VST (you'll love it!)
  • Link a bunch of channels one each to sequential mixer tracks using Ctrl+Shift+L! Really helps when mixing with stems.
  • Ghost notes (maybe new to you?), great for writing complex harmonies.
  • Vectorial interfaces for certain VSTs
  • etc.

Hey thanks for taking the *time to give me a run-down Tim.  I'll check em out posthaste! 

(edit)

Wow this is not some small alteration.  This is kinda exciting!!  Def going for it.  Gonna watch some more of the vids you linked in meantime!

Alright Star, I'll grab me plunger.  Gonna give this a whirl :D

On 5/26/2018 at 8:21 PM, Starphoenix said:

I'd go ahead and take the plunge. My experience with 20 has been mostly bug-free, and I feel the workflow enhancements are worth the upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now