FL Studio 20 now released

Starphoenix

27 minutes ago, Meteo Xavier said:

TWENTY!? The hell... I'm still on Fl Studio 11 and it's not been outdated THAT long.

I think Image Line forgot how to count..

This Is the 20th anniversary of FL Studio. The number skip was intentional (albeit jarring).

1 hour ago, HoboKa said:

Should I upgrade to 20?  Or hold on a bit and wait for them to patch it some more? 

I would go for it. I think the workflow enhancements are well worth the upgrade, but you'll want to read through the updates to see roughly what of the new stuff is useful for you. https://www.image-line.com/flstudio/history.php

Or the quick version:

FL 20 in 4 minutes / in 15 minutes

FL 12.5 in a minute / in 21 minutes

FL 12.4 in 11 minutes

I don't know where you paused, but in particular I found these notable improvements (and this covers pre-FL-20 to some extent):

• Per-bar time signature change (you know why!)
  • Live preview of recordings, and ability to consolidate MIDI into bounced WAVs with undo
  • Stretch/compress entire groups of notes using right-Shift and click-dragging from the right-hand side. This can be useful for generating polyrhythms.
  • Mini-playlist preview above piano roll, so you know where you are
  • New Fruity Delay 3 VST (you'll love it!)
  • Link a bunch of channels one each to sequential mixer tracks using Ctrl+Shift+L! Really helps when mixing with stems.
  • Ghost notes (maybe new to you?), great for writing complex harmonies.
  • Vectorial interfaces for certain VSTs
  • etc.

On 5/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, timaeus222 said:

I would go for it. I think the workflow enhancements are well worth the upgrade, but you'll want to read through the updates to see roughly what of the new stuff is useful for you. https://www.image-line.com/flstudio/history.php

Or the quick version:

FL 20 in 4 minutes / in 15 minutes

FL 12.5 in a minute / in 21 minutes

FL 12.4 in 11 minutes

I don't know where you paused, but in particular I found these notable improvements (and this covers pre-FL-20 to some extent):

• Per-bar time signature change (you know why!)
  • Live preview of recordings, and ability to consolidate MIDI into bounced WAVs with undo
  • Stretch/compress entire groups of notes using right-Shift and click-dragging from the right-hand side. This can be useful for generating polyrhythms.
  • Mini-playlist preview above piano roll, so you know where you are
  • New Fruity Delay 3 VST (you'll love it!)
  • Link a bunch of channels one each to sequential mixer tracks using Ctrl+Shift+L! Really helps when mixing with stems.
  • Ghost notes (maybe new to you?), great for writing complex harmonies.
  • Vectorial interfaces for certain VSTs
  • etc.

Hey thanks for taking the *time to give me a run-down Tim.  I'll check em out posthaste! 

(edit)

Wow this is not some small alteration.  This is kinda exciting!!  Def going for it.  Gonna watch some more of the vids you linked in meantime!

Alright Star, I'll grab me plunger.  Gonna give this a whirl :D

On 5/26/2018 at 8:21 PM, Starphoenix said:

I'd go ahead and take the plunge. My experience with 20 has been mostly bug-free, and I feel the workflow enhancements are worth the upgrade.