Kirby Air Ride - Machine Passage Remix

Cubeshark

Hey everyone. I've known about this site for years but only just now decided to contribute something. It's a song from Kirby Air Ride. I blitzed the song in a few days but I didn't realize the review/acceptance process took so long and in hindsight I could have come here for critique and stuff but I guess it's too late now. Oh well, I'm generally happy with how it turned out anyway and got to learn and try out a few new techniques in the process. I also don't really know why I picked this song in particular aside from liking the bassline. There are much better songs from this game I could have chosen; the second movement in this song really stands out weirdly and I was getting annoyed trying to fit it in my composition. I did end up combining another song though, which I thought mixed in well.

Anyway, here it is, enjoy! (P.S. I was originally going to start with a remix of Aquatic Ambience until I realized that it's one of the most over-mixed songs on this site and people are getting sick of it. It's such a good song though!)

Machine Passage was my favorite song from the game! It felt the most alien to the Kirby universe, almost like it belonged more to Metroid or a similar franchise. That said, I like what you've got here. It's pretty faithful to the original, but with different timbres and feels to make it unique. Throwing in the menu theme (also a favorite of mine) was a fun way to end it. Not much to offer as far as technical analysis goes, but I enjoyed listening to it.

• 3 months later...